My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing wheel cylinders tomorrow and brake shoes tomorrow. maybe she'll stop a little better. i need to look into getting a new e-brake cable as i do not have one.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the work done today. Had an issue though. One of the brand new wheel cylinders blew apart. But now all is good and I have brakes again.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

But autozone replaced it and I'm up and running. Now I can track down some other leaks in the braking system under the hood. Of there are any.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fixed my PS door handle today. clip for the lock came off i guess when i put the new handles and lock in a few weeks back. so now i can unlock both doors lol. also took an old hanger and tied my mufflers and pipes together. then hung them up a bit at the factory hanger mount. its redneck but works. also started mounting my rear view mirror. truck never had one since i have had it. which is only 10 months. first attempt failed. i followed the directions on the mounting kit and everything and put the mirror on and as soon as i went to adjust it to my liking it popped off. so i tried again and just left the mount on the windshield ill mess with it sometime tomorrow and hopefully it stays after sitting over night.

bit of an update of me possibly trading the truck. currently at the moment i am due to trade it for an 87 rclb Square body 4x4. 5.7 TBI. am supposed to be meeting the guy soon. i also have a few other offers of gmt400s that include a 96 tahoe 4 door 4wd, a 95 tahoe 4 door 4wd, and a 91 rclb z71.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
You should always let the mirror glue dry 24 hours before reinstalling the mirror. I don't care what the package says, it never holds up otherwise for me.

Sorry to see this truck go, you have put a lot of work into it in a short time. But square body is cool too

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should always let the mirror glue dry 24 hours before reinstalling the mirror. I don't care what the package says, it never holds up otherwise for me.

Sorry to see this truck go, you have put a lot of work into it in a short time. But square body is cool too

That's what imma do. Yeah I am second guessing it a little.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

98chevyrider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to fond of long bed anything lol but done up right they can look really good i was looking at a 85 rclb with the diesel in it but decided against it

sent from my vortec powered smartphone