My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Magnaflow glasspacks
You must be registered for see images attach

Next came the thule roof rack bar. i plastidiped it.

Same day I got the front skid plate, all factory body bolts, bed bolts, a winch bumper, tail pipes, and a a-piller 3 gauge pod set up. All for 110 bucks

Sent from my 355 powered Galaxy Tab 3

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the bumper is currently being redone. truck i got it off of was hit on the driver side so i am getting the slight bend pulled out, the bumper has been sitting just about on the ground in the junk yard for atleast 3 to 5 years now so the factory baked on coating is coming off and there is some surface rust starting to grow. i should get it done in a few weeks or so, and i also dont want to put it on till i can get the body lift off. which i am still trying to figure out all i need to do to take everything off that the body lift extended and what was removed in the process.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A week later I ditched my swampers for some nitto trail grappler m/ts
I down sized to 33/12.50s for better economy and cheaper

That same day I went to my moms work (Chevrolet dealership) to get it aligned and they told me my truck was unsafe to drive and then proceeded to tell me that it could cost 2k to fix. Then he said that at the least I would pay 1k. That was of the question. The next day I spent 300 bucks and did everything but the lower ball joints. 60 bucks got I aligned and the guy at the alignment shop told me that my frame was bent or my upper a arms are bent. But it is aligned, the guy had to max out all the alignment stuff.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And now my most current change. The PO put a trailer hitch off of a tahoe or suburban I think. Well since I am removing the body lift soon I needed a different hitch. So I removed the hitch that was on the truck and switched with an adjustable hitch that my dad had on his 83 gmc jimmy (k5). This is how that came out so far
What I removed

Its replacement

I still have to get the bumper back on.
While I was doing this I put an adapter for trailer lights on. Its an older piece that my dad had for his 1990 rclb c1500 that he never installed. Also what he kept the hitch for and never installed.

This how my back bumper looks.

I think I am missing mounts but not sure can someone help me out.

Last edited:

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im doin mine matte black, id like to see kinda a darkish grey ecsb like primer grey but darker

ive always liked charcoal grey, and a matte charcoal grey just sounds like if would look good. im going to see if i cant get somebody to photoshop it that color and the grill in matte black, with some hd mirrors, and the body lift gone.