My 88's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm tuning in on this one. Sounds like you've go some good plans! Looking a lot better without the Nitro rims.

Oh yeah- and definitely get it undercoated soon if you want to drive it around much this winter. I'd hate to see that baby get destroyed- there's enough of those trucks in shambles around here. I've only seen maybe one or two other GMT-400's around here that have no rust besides mine.

Thanks, its not completely rust free, the doors are really bad but I have good doors. I need to get a box, cab mounts and some OEM fenders(mine are aftermarket and don't fit very good) but Im going to wait and see if they fit better when the cab is where its supposed to be. So Im hoping early next year I can cut out my cab corners and rocker panels to redo them get it to my painter in Mason City.

Little update I couldn't sleep last night so I changed my vent accuator, my heater core and the bottom piece of the heater box that my cousin kicked a hole in.

I also really started thinking about what I want to do with this more so I have decided to get ithe body work started and get it running and driving better, then do the interior and lift it last(what I want the most)

Last edited:

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just looking at my wish list but here is some pics of my final plans for the exterior
You must be registered for see images attach

with this

in this color

on these(20x12/35x12.50)

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like you got a good solid badass plan there! Whens it happening ? :)

after I get my 04 level'd and tuned forsure wich is happening around tax time, but probably will wait until afer my wedding in September. Going to start by getting the truck running and driving better, then I will work on the body(doesnt look to bad in that pic its pretty rough) and interior(needs to be redone entirely) last will be to put the lift, wheels and tires on. I figure it should take about 1 1/2-2 years so if its done in with in the next 5 I will extatic, LOL. Would like to have it done do my sister can drive it to prom her senior year(in 8th grade now).

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Just for the lulz I cut the front off my sub box and put a front for a 12 on it, swapped amp with a little bigger one I had laying around, looks ghetto as hell but that MFer pounds

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed plans but hey look that was my lowering kit for it, notice the dates in red and same cop in blue

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Lowering keys, cost me a case of beer

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Got the wheels and tires on, ready for drop

245/65R17 If anyone cares