My 88's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some pics finally.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nicely painted new steering stuff

Tires only stick out a little, roughly 3 inches

The fleet, can you tell I like black vehicles

Last edited:

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice progress

Thnak you, hoping over the next week and half or so I can keep knocking out the small stuff it needs, going to make a junk yard run in a couple weeks to look for random parts and some GMT400 heated leather buckets from a Suburban, and a new headliner, going to see if I can find a pair of good cab mounts also.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Saturday I plan on picking up front pads/rotors, plugs, wires, serp belt and a fuel filter

Parts are on hold for a week until I get paid. I decided to do some personal spending on something very special for my dad, step dad but refer to him as dad, dad and father are 2 different things, dad is a title that is earned and father is given.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

sneak peek of what the interior will be

Also dat old school Fosgate, not bad for free, used to work at a dealer came in to the shop in used car, was partially unhooked so it came out, in a hurry, and in my toolbox it went

Side note anyone need a box in northern IA/southern MN

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I'm tuning in on this one. Sounds like you've go some good plans! Looking a lot better without the Nitro rims.

Oh yeah- and definitely get it undercoated soon if you want to drive it around much this winter. I'd hate to see that baby get destroyed- there's enough of those trucks in shambles around here. I've only seen maybe one or two other GMT-400's around here that have no rust besides mine.