My 88 rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I pulled the axles, backing plates, seals and bearings today and found some serious pitting on the axles. Not good!
You must be registered for see images attach

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I spoke with my mechanic friend and he says they make a bearing insert so the axle rides in a different position (away for the pitted/damaged section). Will check it out tomorrow.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thing is if you put any power and hook up they will break the hub off.. seen it alot.. just get some new axles and bearings

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I tried to find 5 lug replacement and they are no where to be found, six lug axles are not a problem though. As far a power is concerned, I'm not planning on anything radical, just want something dependable. Maybe a mildly built crate or even a stroker!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Nope, there are plenty of replacements available but they are all 6 lugs. The 454ss axles are 31.5625" from WMS to end of axle and they are the only ones that are 5 lugs. I'm sure Moser could make some to specs but they would be pricey.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No just call them I'm sure they offer them just not on there website.. for the price of those I posted I'm sure there not far off..

I just don't want to see you break a axle I've probably broke 20+ axles in 10 years of dirt racing.. yes some or most cuz I got hit in the tire but 3 I know for sure broke all on there own cuz of pitting.. plus I don't care what bearing you put in there its not going to last long.. also by moving the bearing like the ones your guy said will put more stress on the flang of the axle.. I've tried those he is talking about when the end of the housing got messed up from a axle breaking..