My $700 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres my newly acquired 96 Suburban. For the low price of $700. Cant beat that for a good running and driving 4wd vehicle. All is well mechanical wise except for a bad multifunction switch.. and praying the intake gaskets hold up. Its not pretty.. but well worth the price.
You must be registered for see images

And heres some pics of my old 99 Tahoe..

And then this happened..

Luckily for the suburban i had just invested tons of new parts in the Tahoe before i flipped it. Its already donated its grille and lights. Next up is to find a good door and swap over the lift.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good buy. I bought a 87 Burb for $100.00 dollars then I got employee of the month they gave me $100.00 dollars and a gold watch so I got it for free oh and it was 4x4 and drove like a charm I had fun with it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I love seeing these trucks come back from a possible death. Should be a good build. It has a lot of potential. Not a bad price either. I paid $350 for my 94 with a burnt valve.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found it on craigslist. Was last on the road 11/11. Was used as a boat hauler and family truckster. Sat in a farm since then and the property owner told the guy who owned the truck it had to go. Deal too good not to jump on. Im getting a NIB GMC grille now as i type this because the clips are broke on the Tahoe grille and im too ocd to that that pass. Should have some new pics tonight.

Also the interior was just as bad shape. I guess as a neglected family vehicle i wouldnt expect any different. Afer 4 hours of using some dirt devil stain remover, purple power and armorall it looks real nice now.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Man, how did yuou roll that? Looks pretty narrow for a lift... wouldnt having a wider stance, better offset wheels make it less tipy?

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so I couldnt get the GMC grille tonight. I fixed all the lights and had to use GMC corner lenses but its not too bad and should atleast pass inspection.

A wider stance could have possibly changed the outcome. Who knows. Long story short a woman tried to brake check me to claim insurance money. I swerved, went into a ditch, came out sideways, managed to t-bone her car flipping my Tahoe 3.5 times. She fled the scene. Before i get jumped on for "following to close" .. which would stop faster? My Tahoe on 35s or a 4th gen Camaro? Anyways after lawyers, court, trials etc.etc. i was proven to be not at fault.