My 454SS's, now that's alot of S's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You sure do good work but that's to much for a alternator or at least for my blood.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last time I checked into 454ss.com they wanted me to sign up and pay money, nope. Thank you for the compliment though.

I think the 454SS.com forum is free, although I don't spend much time over there. I was a member for a few years on/off since about 1998. Been to some of their events. Met some really great people at the shootout in 2003.

Not much of a fan of the forum. Still some good people on there, but several ********** on there as well. I guess that is with any forum. My 454SS is driven much more than it is discussed these days.

That burnt 1990 makes me sad. Any idea how many miles were on it when it burnt? Was it stolen/recovery?

How can you honestly call a 454SS a 'trailer queen'? These things were built to be driven. Mine has only been in a trailer a few times. Once when going to a show in February. Once when it didn't run. And once to take the truck/trailer back to my buddy's house and have a ride home!

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would estimate 150,000 to 175,000. But the drive train was bulit to support the 550hp motor under the hood. Nitrous accident burned it up.

Tell you what, If I can peel the dash apart and the numbers are not melted, then we will know for sure. lol.

^^burned 454.

The trailer queen, is just that. Every part has either been powercoated or chromed or brushed or billeted to death. It has about four miles?, maybe on it. And that's just pulling in and out of the shop, well maybe a few hole shots, but dont tell anyone. If you actually saw with your eyes, how smooth the 13 layers of black lacquer is you would agree that it should not be driven. Pictures never do any paint job justice, but even the one I have posted, its sick. I still have little things to do on it, its not quiet done.

^^trailer queen.

You know once I get finshed putting the White DD back together, I will do some more on the trailer queen, and maybe some better pic's?

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok time to start on the white 454 again, teaser pic's.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

More after a few.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like how the oil cooler lines bolt directly to the block instead of using the crappy sandwich adapter that alot of the SBC's use.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen those while shopping in the JY for parts on the burned up one. I will switch it later for a design I am working on.

On the burned up truck it has a dry sump, and it HAD a retention tank, but it melted too. They where pulling 13 sec quarters with it. On street tires.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like how the oil cooler lines bolt directly to the block instead of using the crappy sandwich adapter that alot of the SBC's use.

1990 and back Mark IV BBC's use the same setup that the smallblocks use. The Gen V & up have the cooler lines going directly into the block. Just an FYI...