My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Definitely would have it pressure tested. If its leaking that bad, it will show up.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So today I took off my oil fill cap and there was water droplets in there so it is getting in the oil. My buddies dad who has his own shop told me he will do it for $220 parts and labor for my intake gaskets. Is that a pretty good deal?

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on what parts? And here shop labour is 110 an hour.. About 5 hours at the least to do it.. So yea just think about that

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Depends on what parts? And here shop labour is 110 an hour.. About 5 hours at the least to do it.. So yea just think about that

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Haha dang I got quoted 1200 for my intake gaskets. I did it myself but that's a heck of a deal! Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah shops here wouldn't survive with those labor rates! He did tell me if I wasn't his sons friend he would have charged me a little more. I dropped it off today and he called me saying he got a late a start on it and they brought him the wrong gaskets so he wasn't able to finish it today but that in the morning all he has to do is put it back together and I can go pick her up! The parts were just the gaskets I guess? He did say my gaskets were really messed up haha

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Its good to hear it will be back on the road soon :cheers:

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Its good to hear it will be back on the road soon :cheers:
Thanks man! I've been driving our old 83 Suburban and I miss driving her already haha

Haha yeah just the gaskets. Ask if he replaced them with fel pro. But nice job on getting a good deal bud.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah when I got the quote I said I only wanted the Fel Pro one and he said that was all he uses! Thanks again for helping with the diagnosis man!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Well here is what my intake gaskets looked like! He said when he changed the oil that the first half was straight water then a ball of gunk came out then all the oil hahaha. Glad I got it fixed when I did. He said to run this oil till tomorrow then change it again so that's what I'm going to do. The truck is running great and better than it has in a while!
You must be registered for see images attach