My 1997 Chevy Z71 "Black Betty" Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I swear to god theres a cavalier around here almost a dead ringer for that one similar body kit and graphics

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Well came to the conclusion last night buckets are the comfier option. So last night was basically about me ripping seats an console out just to do some detailing, which leads me to think the last owner was a dipper... Tuff stuff couldn't even get it out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Reminds me of how bad my carpet was when I first got my 97, imagine that one little spot on all of the carpet, door panels, and wheel-well sides, took a whole slew of chemical cleaners, elbow grease, cursing, and a visit from a rug doctor to get in in better shape.
Look up something called L.A. is Totally Awesome, I used it on my cargo area carpet, and it pulled up about 75% after letting is sit for about 20 minutes then scrubbing at it.
It's supposed to be an additive type cleaner, but after my friend recommended it, it worked better to just spray it directly on and scrub it in.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Reminds me of how bad my carpet was when I first got my 97, imagine that one little spot on all of the carpet, door panels, and wheel-well sides, took a whole slew of chemical cleaners, elbow grease, cursing, and a visit from a rug doctor to get in in better shape.
Look up something called L.A. is Totally Awesome, I used it on my cargo area carpet, and it pulled up about 75% after letting is sit for about 20 minutes then scrubbing at it.
It's supposed to be an additive type cleaner, but after my friend recommended it, it worked better to just spray it directly on and scrub it in.

I'll look into that, I was thinking I'd try the rug Doctor first.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I think my truck might be rejecting LEDs.. Transfer case illumination bulb was a SBL bulb, 2 days ago it started flickering so I swapped it for a cheap eBay LED, kept flickering. Swapped it for a incandescent 194 and no more flickering.. Would it still need a new socket?

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Small update, after about 2.5 years of ownership my truck finally got a wax job and buffed some scratches out. It's not that I didn't care about it enough to do it before, just never thought it would clean up all that well, certainly changed my attitude about doing it! Added some 3ft. fire sticks (no CB yet, buddy has one he said I can have just gotta get it out of his other truck) and sanded my taillights to help make them glossier.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Well.. Nothing has exactly changed yet but I am gathering parts for when I can do some work.

Got some bumper brackets for cheap cause my current ones are bent causing the driver side to sit higher, fixing the intermediate flange due to the ridiculous exhaust leak and adding a muffler. Muffler is a cherry bomb extreme, should be a near perfect sound I'm looking for.

Just doing some small stuff and keeping her taken care of!