My 1990 K2500 F44 "The Green *******"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Alright after 5 or so years of owning this truck i decided to make a fairly summerized build thread of this truck.

Bought it in January or Febuary for 250 bucks from my ex girlfriends uncle. Didn't run at all, said fuel pump was shot. well went and got the trailer and winched it up on it. found out its weird split weight gvrw when i noticed the 2500 badging on the door and 6 lug wheels and 14 bolt in the rear. anyway, i got it running on the trailer with a big enough fuel pump fuse and enough brake clean. replaced the fuel pump with a used one from my buddies 94. then the on slought of fixi g all the little stuff on the front end, interior ect. replaced the front calipers that were locked up, new grill, and bumper. my memory is a bit fogges but at that point i rebuilt the throttle body, did a tune up and drove it. then i replaced the front fenders, added fender flares to the rear to hide the rust. then i plasti dipped the entire truck to help cover the 9 different colors the truck had. i chose the Army Matte Green which is the camo green. turned out way better than i ever imangined. i pretty mich drove it as is for awhile while changing head lights, tail lights and a custom dual exhuast system. then like i said i can't remember, but the factory 700r4 decided it didn't want to go into second gear. truck sat for a bit, had the trans replaced at a shop in town. well after that, like 20 miles after that, the engine staryed to make the worst rod knock ever. so what did i do? decide to rebuild the steering system. then i yanked the engine out. tore the engine down, spun most the clecite bearings that were in there. crank was junk and also the block. back story on the engine is at somepoint the original engine blew up at somepoint and the guy i got it from put in a long block from his buddy, a 1968 327 that had a small cam and was bored over. but kept the tbi top end. well now that i blew the 327 up, in order for me to use the block again, it would need to be bored over again to .060, which was going to ad alot to my cost. my machinist had a 1980 350 block from a 'vette he sold me for 100 bucks. and since the crank was shot, i bought a nice forged Scat crankshaft. with the block fully machined for the .040 over, i started to gather parts for the engine and decided to go mildish. mild. whatever. with help from HoneyBadgerOBS (Shout out Kevin [emoji106]) he helped with the cam and related parts. im unsure on the connecting rod and piston brands, but i have a Lunati VooDoo 268 flat tappet camshaft, Lunati double roller timing chain, melling high volume oil pump, Vortec Heads from Joe Shepard. the heads were mechine for screw in studs and were recently rebuilt. assult racing roller rockers, Speedway tall valve covers, summit carb intake, March Perfomance accessory drive setup, long aluminum water pump, 1974 impala p/s pump ect. im sure im missing stuff. this whole process of getting parts and having it built and then finally getting it running took 2.5 years because im slow. anyway, the summer of 2018 i get it running and driving. while working out the bugs. then it happened. when the trans sat for that 2.5 years, the seals in the transmisaion dried up and leaked all fluid out. i killed the 2nd trans driving home from work. i decided to pull it home and now its in storage for the winter. i sourced a transmission from a close friend of mine, this one having built internals. also when i broke the engine in i left a funnel in the p/s pump and it melted and got everywhere in the steering system. i got a new pump and waiting to pull the truck out to get the box off due to the crazy core charge. thats a summerized version of what has happened. i will include a ton of photos and continue to update for you guys.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Photo progress from start to roughly now.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Continued

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Only recent update is that i purchased a new power steering pump due to the fact that i melted a funnel in the pump during brake in. Box will be next but will wait till i pull the gear box off the frame, as the core charge is crazy. Also got the master list of "**** that needs to be done" before i decide to take it to the Automotion car show in may.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Well got it moved 20 or so miles to where the trans goes in and a bunch of little things done. Will grab pics tonight.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Well, got er jacked up and on stands, pulled driveshafts, (front shaft has factory 29 year old u-joints yet.) Found a leaky output seal on the np241, and drained the case and he manned it out. Gunna de-grease the ahafts and case and paint the driveshafts just becuase they are out and clean all the old grrime out from under the truck. Today i hope to have the trans out and get the new one ready to rock and roll.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
What I'd believe are original shocks are off and new cheepies are on for now, i will need to re-build the rear drums, as the drivers front shoe is cracked in 2 places already.