Muffler of Choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 79 gmc half ton back in the early 2000's. It had 2" true dual exhaust with thrush turbo mufflers behind a mildly built 350 and standard cast manifolds. It was very very quiet compared to many muffler choices. I ripped them off in favor of flowmaster 40s. I was in high school so I cared more about how loud I could make it.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have to say that althought my jegs 2 chamber mufflers sound great, they are crap. I have had two seperate muffler suffer the exact same fate. the inside baffle becomes loose and rattles horribly. the first one did it and then the second one they sent as a replacement has done it as well. thumbs down for jegs.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been running an aluminized Gibson 3" cat-back with their included muffler on my red truck for quite a few years now, it's still holding up well. I like it, minimal drone and fairly quiet until you really get on it.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have to say that althought my jegs 2 chamber mufflers sound great, they are crap. I have had two seperate muffler suffer the exact same fate. the inside baffle becomes loose and rattles horribly. the first one did it and then the second one they sent as a replacement has done it as well. thumbs down for jegs.

Whats their warranty like?

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My experience with thrush mufflers is why bother? They are almost as quiet as a factory muffler.

Not sure what thrush your running but it's alot louder than stock. The thrush welded is chambered and have a deep tone.

I have had mine on my 97' for about 5yrs. Can't complain for $40

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what thrush your running but it's alot louder than stock. The thrush welded is chambered and have a deep tone.

I have had mine on my 97' for about 5yrs. Can't complain for $40

Thrush Turbo Mufflers.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the 1st one went bad so I reported it. They sent another. It has done same thing. So I'm leary of even trying again

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the Thrush Welded muffler, turned out into a side exit. Old truck has a good rumble to it without being overly loud or droning while driving. Like big Mike said, it's hard to beat for $40.

The thrush turbo is pretty much a stock muffler, it might be a LITTLE louder, but never much in my experience.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry the last time I looked at thrush mufflers they only had the turbo mufflers and the cherry bomb knock offs... I can imagine the welded mufflers being more impressive. Its been a while. Where I live you pretty much only hear flowmasters and magnaflow.