Muffler of Choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the new Muffler and tail pipe welded into place last night. Definite upgrade. Has a great mild sound to it and wont wake up the neighborhood when I start my truck at 5:45 am. Snorts pretty good when you get on it.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks good! I've been kicking around what I want to do with the exhaust on my 96, it's got booger welded 2" dual tail pipes and a Flowmaster 40 series. I'm debating on running a dual in single out like what you've got, or go with true dual 2 1/2 all the way back;

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! I've been kicking around what I want to do with the exhaust on my 96, it's got booger welded 2" dual tail pipes and a Flowmaster 40 series. I'm debating on running a dual in single out like what you've got, or go with true dual 2 1/2 all the way back;

I would say this is a great way to go. The muffler, tail pipe, and tip only cost me 181 bucks and install took a little more than 3 hours. It mocked up easy and only took a bit of modification to one hanger. Duals look better in my opinion but this is a budget build truck and I had the help of a gracious friend to do it so time and money were a factor.

Reaction score
I have a 96 2500 eclb with a 5.7L that the previous owned put the stock big block exhaust under, i cut out the flanges and cats and piped in 3" magnaflow highflow cats that go 2 to 1 into a big magnaflow muffler with a 4" out the back no idea what model, sounds good overall but the droning sound inside the truck is obnoxious may have to try a new muffler

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm.... yet again another person claiming their magnaflow muffler drones. I guess I'm not as crazy as some might think.