Michelin ltx a/t 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If the Michelin ltx a/t 2 are like the Michelin ltx m/s 2, they are a hell of a tire if you want one that lasts a long time, quite riding tire, and rides super smooth then you cannot go wrong with the Michelin, ive never been a fan of the tread designs but my dad runs em on his silverado and mom four runner. Dad jus got a new set of the ltx m/s 2 and got like 80xxx miles out of the ltx m/s.

I have m/s 2s and they are 10 years old with 1 flat but only ~10k miles. These are highway/all season and the LTX AT2's are more of an AT tire I believe

no doubt that the michelins are a good tire, i just don't know if i can get past the look of them. so its ATZ's or Toyos. now I'm leaning towards toyos cause the come with white letter. although chevyman's atz look good with the black wall. and those are the exact rims ill be running!

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
The atzs as stated are made my cooper tires, so far i havent had any issues with them. If the guys i bought em from are telling the truth you should get about 40xxx miles out of them. And atzs hate trucks with alinement issues but most tires do. Its a tough decision it all just depends what you are wanting out of the tire the life or the looks kinda thing.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
honrestly i love my mud terrains.. they don't wear down like you'd expect.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
no doubt that the michelins are a good tire, i just don't know if i can get past the look of them. so its ATZ's or Toyos. now I'm leaning towards toyos cause the come with white letter. although chevyman's atz look good with the black wall. and those are the exact rims ill be running!

Toyos sound to be good tires to from what ive seen i really like the looks of them too. The atzs have white lettering also not to confuse you more. I had my atzs white wall and just flipped them for something different. I cant wait to see that truck with the rims and tires you decide yo go with.

Edit: i Know for a fact it does have white letters on the traditional sizes.. over size it may be all blackwall.

Edit 2: catching up on this thread trying to see what size u was wanting to run i saw you are wanting to run this "my lowered truck is about 2 get lifted. going with 4in lift spindles and 285/70r17's with some nnbs 17's" That will be traditional size since that the exact size im running on mine.

Last edited:

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cooper and mickeys are owned by the same people. Mickeys still are made with the old compound they have been for years. A much harder compound which last much longer. All the coopers my family has ever had on there car where drastically fast, the list includes cobras, st, stt, ht, zeon. All worn out with 30% or more before the mileage warrantys.

You really couldn't go wrong with the MT ATZ's. Very good tire. Also, I know you said you haven't heard good things about coopers, but the new ST max looks really nice. And you know who makes Mickey Thompson.....cooper tire.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
also when you look at tires and it says OWL it means outlined white letters

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Toyos sound to be good tires to from what ive seen i really like the looks of them too. The atzs have white lettering also not to confuse you more. I had my atzs white wall and just flipped them for something different. I cant wait to see that truck with the rims and tires you decide yo go with.

Edit: i Know for a fact it does have white letters on the traditional sizes.. over size it may be all blackwall.

Edit 2: catching up on this thread trying to see what size u was wanting to run i saw you are wanting to run this "my lowered truck is about 2 get lifted. going with 4in lift spindles and 285/70r17's with some nnbs 17's" That will be traditional size since that the exact size im running on mine.

Yes I love the atz's but I do want something that's going to last. And from what I've found everyone is out of the 285/70r17 atz with the white letters.

cooper and mickeys are owned by the same people. Mickeys still are made with the old compound they have been for years. A much harder compound which last much longer. All the coopers my family has ever had on there car where drastically fast, the list includes cobras, st, stt, ht, zeon. All worn out with 30% or more before the mileage warrantys.

Same here. The coopers on my old truck wore out fast and so did my cousins stt's

I was actually looking at that site. Says there out of stock, have to call them so they can see if they can get them from the manufacturer.

also when you look at tires and it says OWL it means outlined white letters

I know. Thanks!