Medusa The Damned C1500 Daily Driver Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHIMPY

Reaction score
So I figured that I would copy my stuff from the Build thread to here so I can ask my dumb questions and answer some of your guys question about her!

Well Howdy folks,

I've searched near and far for a solid forum to keep a log of my progress and get some help when and if I need it. So I thought I would start out with some basic info about myself and then get into what we're all here for!

My name is Cail, I'm 21 and spend any time i possibly can working on my 1990 Chevy C1500 Silverado, Medusa, when I'm not working or out having a good time with friends. I was born and raised in Arkansas and moved to Chicago for schooling, which didn't last long. I've got a passion for tattoos and gettin' a bit of grease on my hands. So I guess I'll get into the project info!

I got Medusa a few months back and she's gone a LONG way! So here's some facts:

-1990 C1500 Silverado
-$1000 with title
-$2056 in repairs, upgrades, paperwork so far (will be changing as I go along)
-350 5.7 V8
-Standard Cab, Short bed (I guess the nickname for that is Shortwide)

So here is a picture of Medusa the day I got her home

Instead of uploading every picture of all the things I've done to her since I'll make a list to shorten things a bit and give you all a general sum up of the progress!

::Rebuild so far::

-Visor removed
-Overspray of black primer scrapped, sanded, ground off of windows, chrome, trim, plastics
-Headlights and Taillights cleaned and polished
-Wheel wells, rocker panels, and hood cancer cut out, fiberglassed (don't judge me too much) and body filled (being a young man with a low income and no welding/metal-working skills whatsoever I decided to go with something I DO have experience in and went the cheap/temporary route)
-Light Grey primed, resanded, fixed more body work, and awaiting another coat before being ready for paint
-New starter
-Replaced 3 pulleys (power steering, tension, and idle)
-New serpentine belt
-Replaced front brake pads (Heavy Duty Duralast Gold) (Will be replaced again with better when i replace the calipers)
-Sway bar links replaced (Heavy Duty)
-Replaced ignition cylinder
-2 new back tires (General Grabber AT2)
-Re-mounted exhaust
-pulled window tinting
-Glued headliner back in place
-Timing adjusted to +3 because it was starting to bog a bit and shifting slower than it should
-Flashers re grounded after they started going out and not working whatsoever when headlights were on
-New Head unit to plug in my phone and with a remote (Kenwood)

So that's basically what I have done up to this point. There's quite a bit left for me to do before Medusa is where I want her to be, and I could make a list a mile long but I figured I'd save your time and just let you folks ask if you want to know anything!
Thanks!

-Cail

Alright so here is my goal for her:

-Rough country 4" Suspension Lift
-Heavy Duty Brake Calipers (New Lines as well)
-Transmission mount, gasket and oil change
-Completely new Tensioner ( I have a chirp when first starting the truck up and that goes away when she warms up, that's the onyl thing i could think of)
-Replace Spark plugs (not sure what to go with)
-New Signal Assembly (w/o the cruise control)
-Gloss Black paint job/ bedliner trim instead of re-chroming everything / Chrome only for accents and viewable fasteners / Matte black wheel paint job
-Rally Hub Caps
-Mud flaps (All I've had to cut off to do body work and they were rust-welded on) (still looking for the perfect ones)
-Plasti-dip interior plastics
-Bench seat from a scrap yard ( Anything from 88-98 should work correct?)
-Mossy Oak seat cover and floor mats
-Chrome Allen head fasteners for tailgate guard (it's beyond trying to bend back to original shape)
-Rocker panel and hitch steps
-Carb jetting to run a little bit leaner
-4x4 bolt on fender flares to cover up my dented molding (rusted and fiberglassed to the body) and wavy body work
-Bedliner rocker panels and fender flares (deep red)

More to come!

Project Thread
===========
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?20772-Medusa-The-Damned-90-C1500-Daily-Driver-Project