McCreary American Racer tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well, you could always get a pair(they ARE cheap after all)....just use them as redlight runners!!! :p or convert your drag car into a circuit car and run a set of 4 and use on the backroads :evillol:

gmcierra

Reaction score
:):)
Well, you could always get a pair(they ARE cheap after all)....just use them as redlight runners!!! :p or convert your drag car into a circuit car and run a set of 4 and use on the backroads :evillol:[/QUOTE

Well.....I don't think I'll start the conversion just yet.:)

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, my yellow one will one day be converted to a road circuit car....but street legal(barely).

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Hah... my car isn't "street legal" per se now...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well....when I say street legal....I really mean street "ready"....meaning it's safe to drive on the street....I guess it'd be street legal in the early 20th century prolly.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
They came in today, and are in EXCELLENT shape........just an fyi, as I seemingly wasn't thinking when I bought them, but they are tube tires....the correct tubes(and dont get off ebay) are GR13/14/15 if you're gonna do like me and use mostly for looks on a couple vintage racers for shows. Those tubes are for multiple sizes(translated: passenger tire tubes, NOT race tubes), and are like 8 bucks each on summit. Shipping for 8 tubes was 10 bucks.

Found here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-322020/

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They came in today, and are in EXCELLENT shape........just an fyi, as I seemingly wasn't thinking when I bought them, but they are tube tires....the correct tubes(and dont get off ebay) are GR13/14/15 if you're gonna do like me and use mostly for looks on a couple vintage racers for shows. Those tubes are for multiple sizes(translated: passenger tire tubes, NOT race tubes), and are like 8 bucks each on summit. Shipping for 8 tubes was 10 bucks.

Found here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-322020/

when we mount slicks at work. we don't use tubes in em. get some dawn liquid soap and coat the entire in side of the tire and run em tubeless. did a set for the boss 2 years ago and they still haven't lost any air.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I just got off the phone with mccreary and they said they are tubeless tires, but they're required to stamp tube-type on them(for a reason unknown to me).

I was just gonna coat the beads with paint-on sealant....like you'd use to seal up rims with rough/sanded beads.