McCreary American Racer tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the seller because of his feedback rating, but if he's legit, then DAMN that's a good price for new tires.....especially for someone to use on a vintage racer(or even street use if you don't mind the non-street cert.)

Polyglas and ones styled like the old polyglas tires are getting more and more expensive. I'm definitely about to order a set just to see if he's legit. If so, I'll get another set or 2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130668803893?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_162wt_81

If your getting JUST for show use, or daily driver, the standard passenger tire tubes can be found here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-322020/

Last edited:

gmcierra

Reaction score
check his other items too

I wonder how they would be for drag racing, at that price I might have to try a set of his 27/10-15's.
Thanks for the tip!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I know the track tires are 000 traction rating. I used to run the M/T 29/12.5-15's with 4.88 gears....I wonder how well the mccrearys compare.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
circle track tires? I can't imagine they'd do all that well for drag.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well I was referring to their drag slicks, not the ones I'm purchasing. The 2 sets I bought from him are for a vintage muscle car and vintage sports car. I got a set of 215/70-15 and a set of 215/60-13.

Also, he didn't provide tracking info, but he just listed them as shipped and the auction that had a shipping charge got s/h refunded cuz he shipped with the free-s/h set.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Whoops....actually now that I look at them, I can't tell from pics, but those slicks don't actually look exactly like drag slicks, but instead asphalt circuit tires.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I checked mccreary's site and they only make circuit tires.

My excuse is, ummm....oh yeah, I hadn't had my coffee yet! yeah that's it.... :nono:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Yeah I checked mccreary's site and they only make circuit tires.

My excuse is, ummm....oh yeah, I hadn't had my coffee yet! yeah that's it.... :nono:

LOL happens to the best of us.