Max tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badeagle

Reaction score
I I have a 95 k3500 rclb that I put a 3" body lift on and 285 tires. I want to crank the bars and block the rear for another 2" of lift. Will I be able for fit a set of 37" tires or will 35" be my max? The truck sat pretty high when stock compared to and 1/2 ton so I figured I may be able to squeeze a 37 onto it. Btw its a srw, 454 5 speed with 4.10 gears I believe. It turns around 2k rpm at 55 MPH so I'm hoping the big tires will help lower my highway rpm down some.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
37's can be done with a 3" body + 2" crank as long as you use narrow(ish) wheels with decent backspacing.... oohunter04oo has 37x12.50x16 boggers on 16x8 Mickey Thompson classic locks on his Silverado Z71 with a 3" body + 2" crank

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I I have a 95 k3500 rclb that I put a 3" body lift on and 285 tires. I want to crank the bars and block the rear for another 2" of lift. Will I be able for fit a set of 37" tires or will 35" be my max? The truck sat pretty high when stock compared to and 1/2 ton so I figured I may be able to squeeze a 37 onto it. Btw its a srw, 454 5 speed with 4.10 gears I believe. It turns around 2k rpm at 55 MPH so I'm hoping the big tires will help lower my highway rpm down some.

They will, but it will hurt you... 4.56 is really the gears you should run for 35" tires, and for 37"s you should go even lower. You'll start to hurt things other than your gas mileage if you aren't careful.

You techinically CAN run 37's, but it depends a lot on your rims. If the rims have much offset, you won't be able to clear them without a lot of trimming. Some guys even have to trim for 35's.

Any pics of said vehicle besides?

1badeagle

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a not so good picture after the body lift and doors and fenders and stuff. As you can see it is currently on a set of nbs steel wheels. I can get whatever wheels I need. As for power, that's no big deal. I removed the tbi setup and now it's a carb'd cammed 454

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres my 3500 set up the same as your looking to do with 35's the 4.10 gears are fine no need to swap gears. like said 37's you may have to trim some on bumper and fender

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yes it can be done. I do not recommend it, every time I drive the truck the tires rub. And I have trimmed. It is aggravating. Now I have 4.56's and its not enough for me. But my truck mostly stays offroad so it does fine for me. But I do see a lift in my future.

1badeagle

Reaction score
heres my 3500 set up the same as your looking to do with 35's the 4.10 gears are fine no need to swap gears. like said 37's you may have to trim some on bumper and fender

YOur truck is actually the reason I waited around to find a 3500 around here. Sick rig man.

1badeagle

Reaction score
Yes it can be done. I do not recommend it, every time I drive the truck the tires rub. And I have trimmed. It is aggravating. Now I have 4.56's and its not enough for me. But my truck mostly stays offroad so it does fine for me. But I do see a lift in my future.

Would mine rub as bad as a 1500 though? It sat much higher stock than a 1500 does. I feel like a 3" body lift and 2" suspension would be closer to 6 or 6.5" lift on a half ton correct me if im wrong.

Also I am running a modified 454/5 speed over a 350/automatic so power helps alot with the gearing and power issues.

1badeagle

Reaction score
I was looking at H1 hummer 37" tires. Does anyone know if they actually measure out to 35.5" like i am seeing on the web?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Would mine rub as bad as a 1500 though? It sat much higher stock than a 1500 does. I feel like a 3" body lift and 2" suspension would be closer to 6 or 6.5" lift on a half ton correct me if im wrong.

Also I am running a modified 454/5 speed over a 350/automatic so power helps alot with the gearing and power issues.

This is true, but I actually have 3" blocks and keys, cranked to level. I was going to decrank till I got the 37's, now it's out of the question.