matte black and chrome to almond work truck rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Thanks guys, its been a learning process for sure with working on this and finding all the mistakes and lies.

Love the work truck look too. Hey what size bags are you running?

And welcome. This is the best site for OBS chevys. There are about 8 regular guys on here and alot more other guys too.

Thanks man, your truck was what brought me on here in a search. No idea on the bag size or who makes them. That's the last part I haven't pulled out yet to check. When I move the bags onto the 2 links I may just get some new ones.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Yea i just replaced my rear bags my truck had re7 all the way around when I got it. I put re8's in the rear and I am going to try and put re8's in the front next month. Like the other guys said keep the updates coming were picture addicts. Lol.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Grabbed some trailer fenders to start to make covers for the rear, but they are short since the po cut a lot...so not sure what to do yet about that one

Do you guys know what a decent price for a new bed would be? I don't see many 6.5 ft ones on cl here.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
I have to get a bed for parts and around here there about $150 to $300.

Last edited:

puckhead

Reaction score
Nice looking truck! Tell me more about this $50 paint job! Im looking for something cheap but that looks alright.

hinrichs

Reaction score

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like your getting her fixed up man. Looks way better than where you started. I had to laugh when I saw that picture of the rear shocks....Lol. that is definitely something.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

hinrichs

Reaction score
So my local guy that does some of the work on my jeep that I cant handle or have time for, can make me custom rolled wheel arches that ill trim and weld in, and then he is going to make me a step notch cover that will have tabs so I can use nutserts and bolt it down so it can be pulled when needed. We were going to just do a large cover with once piece but I didn't want to loose that much of the bed. Oh and it should only cost me around $200 for materials and his labor which is awesome.

Nothing exciting over the weekend really for the truck, decided a tune up was needed badly, and I was beyond right about that one. Plugs were toast, wires were half cut through, oil was black. So new plugs (not sure if im gonna regap again below a .035 for slightly better burn) and wires really helped and my friend took the time to make the new wires look really good. Oil change went well until we got to the filter. Took about an hour to rip it in half, then pull the small nipple it threads onto, but now its all good and running very smooth finally. Also got a fancy chrome air filter that I kinda hate, just looks out of place unless I get some better valve covers. Ill get some pics tonight for you guys. Also tomorrow should have my new sub box for under the rear seat.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Been driving the truck and loving it more and more each day, especially with the new under seat sub box.

Parked at work, Family owns an industrial wholesale business

You must be registered for see images
work parking by minthinrich, on Flickr

Tried on our magnetic signs, but they are a little too big and I think they would fall off so I am going to come up with my own logo, and prolly make my own business out of it eventually. I do a lot of work for friends with air ride and its prolly time to just do that already.

work sign by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got to actually haul something today tho, friend needed me to drop off his tires to get the wheels pulled which he sold, tires however havnt sold yet.

nitto tires by minthinrich, on Flickr
inside tires by minthinrich, on Flickr