Magnaflow opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do not dump it under the bed, dont be lazy and get a tailpipe, also no one who has ever gone from flowcrapper to magnaflow ever regrets it..flows suck balls.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
This is all too subjective. I have shorty headers, no cats, and custom 2.25" headpipes into a DI/SO 18" magnaflow, out through a 3" stock exit tail. My suburban is LOUD. Like rattle windows loud, set off car alarms loud. Raise your voice to speak to someone in the back seat loud. Even idling, you can hear it from inside a house or building. It pops and cackles under engine deceleration. If you heard me romp on the gas pedal, you'd be looking for a fast, low street machine, not a lifted 4x4 suburban. I like it, but I'm starting to consider making it less noisy.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is all too subjective. I have shorty headers, no cats, and custom 2.25" headpipes into a DI/SO 18" magnaflow, out through a 3" stock exit tail. My suburban is LOUD. Like rattle windows loud, set off car alarms loud. Raise your voice to speak to someone in the back seat loud. Even idling, you can hear it from inside a house or building. It pops and cackles under engine deceleration. If you heard me romp on the gas pedal, you'd be looking for a fast, low street machine, not a lifted 4x4 suburban. I like it, but I'm starting to consider making it less noisy.

the larger the muffler case to quieter it will be.

but this was a dynomax ultraflow on a 96 k2500 i had and it had a 3 1/2 inch tailpipe
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Magnaflows are great but you can still get drone in the cab. I'm looking at Jones Exhaust for my new truck exhaust this fall. $56 bucks for a 2 into 1 with 3" out. Don't dump the exhaust under your bed either because it turns that wonderful metal bowl into a resonating chamber. Spend the money and buy a tail pipe. There's a guy on eBay who makes mandrel bent exhaust kits in all shapes sizes and also model specific kits as well for a really good price.

http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Curve/_i.html?_nkw=k1500&submit=Search&_sid=60497141

I talked to the guy who owns the store and he seems pretty legit. Will refund your money if there's any problems and you don't modify the pipes. Going to buy a kit from him later this month.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a magnaflow 3" single in/2.5 dual out and it is dumped right before my rear axle with 2 turndowns. there is slight drone at idle but it goes away while driving at any speed. I don't really like the sound of it unless it is under throttle. The only reason I went with magnaflow is because I had flowmaster 40 series and with it dumped it droned like crazy.