Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s looking real good, I say lower the back some more to match the front, who needs suspension travel anyway

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We managed to raise the front about an inch without resorting to taking it all apart and installing the thrust washers.

Took it for a test drive and it rubs all 4 corners, not on the sidewall, just the outside edge of the tread. Next project is going to be fender rolling or trimming.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished the fender rolling. I just used one of his old baseball bats from little league.

After the festivities tomorrow, we'll probably do the headers and bleed the brakes for 178th time. I'm really procrastinating on taking the bed off again.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got that sumbitch in there finally. I had to remove the heat shield on the cab, remove the starter, undo the motor mount, and remove the trans mount. Phew.

There's barely any clearance with the UCA mount. You can just barely see daylight but the pic doesn't show it. I may have to shim the trans mount to keep the clearance.

I found this behind the heat shield. Is it mine? It looks too old rusty, but I can't say.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got that sumbitch in there finally. I had to remove the heat shield on the cab, remove the starter, undo the motor mount, and remove the trans mount. Phew.

There's barely any clearance with the UCA mount. You can just barely see daylight but the pic doesn't show it. I may have to shim the trans mount to keep the clearance.

I found this behind the heat shield. Is it mine? It looks too old rusty, but I can't say.

Is that the elusive 10mm socket that the old folk speak of in legends? :eek:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Too funny. I never lose my 10mm. But I’m always misplacing my 13mm.