Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that rear end from QP a Ford 9” derivative? I’m not super familiar with them, but it looks like a nice product.

I dig the saying “in for a dime, in for a dollar.” Never heard that before but it kinda inspired me to go that extra mile. Not just while buying shiny parts but pushing myself to do an even better job on my projects.

Yes, it's a Ford 9". It's a good unit and priced reasonably. Black Friday sale also cut 10% off the price. Instructions and what not are lacking. (I had to call them to get a part number for the correct u bolts for the yoke.) Shipping was slow.

I think I learned that saying playing poker with my dad and his friends at the deer lease.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driver's side stock. Passenger side: Aldan coil overs, React 2" drop spindle. Look at least 4" lower at full droop. I could even lower the shock perch another 1.5" if I needed to.

You must be registered for see images attach

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what spring rate did you go with on those coilovers? I had went with 650lb/in when I did my qa1 setup, big mistake. They were way too soft, I believe around 750 would have been much better.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what spring rate did you go with on those coilovers? I had went with 650lb/in when I did my qa1 setup, big mistake. They were way too soft, I believe around 750 would have been much better.

750 is still crazy soft. That's about what I had in my Crown Victoria and it drove like a boat.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
750 is still crazy soft. That's about what I had in my Crown Victoria and it drove like a boat.
I don’t think the Vic is comparable here. 750 is a pretty common rate for coil over swaps on the front of these trucks. Although ride height/purpose is going to have a major effect on what rate is right for you.

Edit:just checked Alden’s website, they have 700 listed for small block trucks and 800 for big block trucks.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t think the Vic is comparable here. 750 is a pretty common rate for coil over swaps on the front of these trucks. Although ride height/purpose is going to have a major effect on what rate is right for you.

Edit:just checked Alden’s website, they have 700 listed for small block trucks and 800 for big block trucks.

The motion ratios are going to be similar between the 2 and curb weight isn't much less than a C1500 reg cab.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They are 700. This isn't a maximum lateral g type build, I think it will be ok. The shocks are adjustable, so I can dial in more compression if I want it firmer.

I'm kinda angry they didn't include thrust bearings for what they cost, but I also don't see us constantly adjusting these either.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are 700. This isn't a maximum lateral g type build, I think it will be ok. The shocks are adjustable, so I can dial in more compression if I want it firmer.

I'm kinda angry they didn't include thrust bearings for what they cost, but I also don't see us constantly adjusting these either.
I had my compression cranked almost all the way up to compensate. It made it reasonable but still not great. I think 700 is ok as long as you’re not trying to slam it to the ground.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the coils on my D100 QA1 setup are 600 lbs/in and I rather like them. That truck is about 500 lbs lighter though.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front needs to come up approximately 2 inches. Pic makes it look more level, but it ain't. Not looking forward to adjusting the spring perches without proper tool and thrust washers.

It's coming together though.

You must be registered for see images attach