1988 GMC GMT400 custom FlatBed Habitat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZacMoto

Reaction score
I spent most of my time and money this year on my 1988 GMT400 so that I can live in it full-time in Tahoe. Super stoked with the custom BEAR Adventure Vehicles habitat on the Overland Explorer Vehicles aluminum flatbed tray! Several nights in sub 20F temps verified it will work well for skiing this winter.
You must be registered for see images attach

ZacMoto

Reaction score
Wow, that is an awesome looking setup. I have always wondered how much side to side sway you get on uneven surfaces, or are they fairly light weight at the top?
The weight (cog) is carried low and forward of the rear axle, so it handles way better than it looks like it would. Custom King Shocks, rear springs, air-bags and sway bar help a lot too.

ZacMoto

Reaction score
This is frik'n awesome.
Do you have a build thread on your habitat?
On expedition froum or something like that?
It's something I would love to tackle someday.... along with the other 52180 or so projects rattling around my fat head.
Thanks man! I don't have a full build thread on this anywhere yet. I literally just finished getting it all together and ready for winter, but it's been a year in the planning/making process.