looking to buy 05 ... advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is not a matter of if it's burning oil but if the previous owner replaced the oil as it was burned

oh. I got off the phoen with the dealership about 5minutes ago. They said that they have all the service records from the time it was new from the Chevy dealership. One owner (verified with carfax as well), and oil changes were always done when serviced. He said that I could see the records when I go to look at it. It looks like I will be going down tomorrow afternoon.

I did ask about the front end and he said that there have been no accidents. Just the bed is dented, and he said a small dent on one of the doors. He also said a customer was looking at the truck and took the tailgate off its hinge (the reason why the tailgate looks off in the picture). He said that would be fixed before it is taken home. also said a friend of his used the truck to go pick up a motorcycle and it drove nice the entire ways there and back, no problems. I know dealerships do what they can to make a sale, but I will be looking at it tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone know how long it takes a bank/credit union to approve a loan? not looking for exact time - but a ball park. I have heard it could be days to weeks, depending on the branch.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With my bank, I can call and the same day go in and sign for it.....oh wait, thats a credit line. But a loan shouldnt be more than a few days, Id say worse case 4-5 days.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my bank, I can call and the same day go in and sign for it.....oh wait, thats a credit line. But a loan shouldnt be more than a few days, Id say worse case 4-5 days.

I just got one at my credit union a few weeks ago for the burb. Took less than an hr an I walked out with a check. 2.74% ftw!

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got one at my credit union a few weeks ago for the burb. Took less than an hr an I walked out with a check. 2.74% ftw!

Nice rate ! My rate will be high - exgirlfriend ran up a credit card and im disputing the charges for over a year now. Hence why I will have a co-signer :) . I talked to the bank a little bit ago and seh said that once I get all my paperwork in Friday that she would know if I am approved by Saturday. So if all goes well with the truck tomorrow, I should be driving it away next week :)

I won't lie, I am really hyper and excited about it haha

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I was floored by that rate on a 10 y/o vehicle with 98k miles. I had called to check on it before going up there an they told me used vehicles were at 8.9%. If I had known I would get such a good rate I might have spent more....

I have a very excellent "stupid" score as Mr. Ramsey calls it. :rofl:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
My moms old expedition showed that it had no accidents either but it was wrecked twice. Carfax is a bunch of bs and doesn't actually show much at all. I am not discouraging you at all, just saying be weary of too good of a deal.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya Carfax is only as good as what is reported to it.....

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
ah 160xxx thats nothing in my book. i bought my 03 for 3000 with a staggering 300xxx miles on original motor and tranny. mine is a 6.0 4l80e though the blue book on my truck is almost 8000 so i figured it runs good and is worth putting a new motor and tranny when the time comes. but i bought mine from my boss and he bought it new so i know where all the miles came from and i also know how he maintains his vehicles. for 5000 with that mileage i would be all over it.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My moms old expedition showed that it had no accidents either but it was wrecked twice. Carfax is a bunch of bs and doesn't actually show much at all. I am not discouraging you at all, just saying be weary of too good of a deal.

No worries, a friend of mine is coming with me to look at the truck this afternoon so we are gonna look it over really well. If i catch the salesman in a lie (example- the tailgate is more then just off the hindge), then I may walk away from this deal, depending on how severe of a lie it is. Now if all is well, and everything is straight I should be the owner of it by Saturday.