looking for a new engine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I was getting ready to buy the motor from summit but my brother told me just to wait because he thinks that I could just get a junkyard 5.7 vortec motor an rebuild it for cheaper an that it will just drop in an that I could reuse the wiring harness the only thing I would have to do is change the computer is this correct.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After doing some more research it looks like it will drop right in all I would have to do is change my fuel pump an a.f.p.r. so that I can run 16lbs. of pressure does this sound right guy's!!

tiresmokindad

Reaction score
O.k. heres the ? i'm looking for a replacement engine for a 93 chevy silverado with 5.7 being that my current one has 226,***. I would like to get one from gm performance an was looking on summitracing.com to get it. The thing is I don't know which on will be a direct replacement i'm only looking to get 350 hp. an 350 tq. give or take a few with this said can any one point me in the right directions.:hmm:

I look out in different parts. I think Greg provide you already this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12499529/. This is the one I also refer to you. Thanks Greg.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes this is the one I was getting ready to buy but I would have about 3k in it after I bought a set of vortec heads an then the gmpp vortec to t.b.i. manifold. My brother said that I should just go to a junkyard an buy a complete vortec engine rebuild it an just drop it in an it would be alitttle cheaper an it would have more hp. an tq. right from the start so i'm thinking of just doing this but I just want to knnow if it will just drop in so I can reuse my factory wiirng harness thats in my truck already an all I have to do is change the computer an fuel pump an a.f.p.r.. thats what I would like to know now thanks.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright after some research I found that I would have to change my wiring harness so I am just going to go with what I was going to do in the first place but thanks for all the help!!

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
why don't u just buy bearings 80.00, rings 95.00, and gaskets 100.00 an rebuild what u have, and then have money left over for nice flowing heads an intake an fuel system. anybody can rebuild a engine, its cake just sometimes there's machine work involved.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
oo yea that's always a problem, get a spare Craigs list core long block or short block for 100-350 bucks an rebuild that.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only reason im saying rebuild ur own is cuz 2k is a lot of money for something u could do ur self for 1/4 of the cost.