looking for a new engine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O.k. heres the ? i'm looking for a replacement engine for a 93 chevy silverado with 5.7 being that my current one has 226,***. I would like to get one from gm performance an was looking on summitracing.com to get it. The thing is I don't know which on will be a direct replacement i'm only looking to get 350 hp. an 350 tq. give or take a few with this said can any one point me in the right directions.:hmm:

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that looks good.......................will that be a direct replacement.....................if everything will fit that will work!!!! I was talking to one of there people an they couldn't give me a direct answer lol!! An does anybody have any other replacement motors that they like/perfer!

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That will work just fine an thanks Greg for the help/quick replys an another ? I can just use the stater,water pump,intake thats already on my 5.7 right. My plan is to use this engine till it gets broken in good say 5,000 miles then at that point I want to put vortec heads, with the gmpp tbi to vortec intake, headers, hi-flow cat, to a magnaflow, then dump the exhuast before rear axel, last but not least is a cold air intake thats my plans for this motor not looking for alot of hp./tq. but just a good daily driver thats fun to drive.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would suggest a 5.3 or 6.0 swap. You will get nowhere near 350 horse with the motor you have selected and for the same money you can have a much better setup.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about 300 hp./ 300 tq. I could live with that lol!! an as for a 6.0 swap whats all involved with swapping that in an will this engine work http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12491856/ thanks for any info. Yeah never mind on the 6.0 swap just read your project an that a whole lot more than what I want to get into like I said looking for a direct replacement but thanks for the rply/suggestion.

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My project was only extra involved because I added a bunch of accessories also I was doing it at home, if you're pulling the engine at all its only a few extra steps to get a LS up and running.