lookin For HID Reverse Lights (limo Tinted Rear Window)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, you'll get used to it. I've been putting limo tint on my cars for 20 years now, and you just get used to it. It was hard to back up at first, but seriously, it gets much easier. No really too much trouble seeing anymore. You're just used to seeing clearly, but you learn to see shapes instead, and you learn to really use your side mirrors. In my opinion, back up LED's aren't necessary.

I have street scene mirrors, which have crap visibility especially at night when theres not enough light coming out of my reverse lights anyway, 88GMCTRUCK you do make a good point in that they will have to heat up but im guessing that even when they are warming up im gonna be getting much more light then i currently am

skyrodder

Reaction score
I bought some Leds and to be honest i think my regular bulbs put out more light, the LEDs just look "pretty" I ordered some High Pwr 12 SMD 5050 Cree Projector LEDs for the Reverse Lights, supposed to be Insanely BRIGHT. I'll post up as soon as I get them Installed. if they dont put out enough light I'll just install some lights under the rear bumper

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought some Leds and to be honest i think my regular bulbs put out more light, the LEDs just look "pretty" I ordered some High Pwr 12 SMD 5050 Cree Projector LEDs for the Reverse Lights, supposed to be Insanely BRIGHT. I'll post up as soon as I get them Installed. if they dont put out enough light I'll just install some lights under the rear bumper

Please do, id love to take a look at em, im guessing there cheaper then 90 bucks (which is what the hid setup costs)

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll throw my .02 in here. Putting HID's in the reverse lights will work, but it is far from ideal. The warm up time of the HID's is what's going to hurt you, by the time they are warmed up you will most likely be done backing up. Also every time you shift from park to drive, you'll be sending the ballasts a blip of power which will result in a short life span.

Regular or SMD LED's are much brighter and much more intense then a standard incandescent bulb, however they will NOT shine out as far of a distance in general. I personally have 3156 25 SMD 5050 LED's in my OE reverse lights, and in all honesty they are mostly for looks and not performance. I have a projector fog light mounted below my rear bumper beside the receiver hitch tube that really lights up behind my truck when I'm backing up at night. I have limo tint over factory tint on my rear and rear side windows as well, and the projector does a great job of lighting up my surroundings. I would suggest going that route, and mounting a small set of aux fog or flood lights below your bumper. You will most likely be happiest with the performance of that set up in my opinion!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Dude what is up with that bumper?
If you are talking about why it looks do wide, it's because my truck is a stepside. Just an illusion from the camera angle.

I'll throw my .02 in here. Putting HID's in the reverse lights will work, but it is far from ideal. The warm up time of the HID's is what's going to hurt you, by the time they are warmed up you will most likely be done backing up. Also every time you shift from park to drive, you'll be sending the ballasts a blip of power which will result in a short life span.

Regular or SMD LED's are much brighter and much more intense then a standard incandescent bulb, however they will NOT shine out as far of a distance in general. I personally have 3156 25 SMD 5050 LED's in my OE reverse lights, and in all honesty they are mostly for looks and not performance. I have a projector fog light mounted below my rear bumper beside the receiver hitch tube that really lights up behind my truck when I'm backing up at night. I have limo tint over factory tint on my rear and rear side windows as well, and the projector does a great job of lighting up my surroundings. I would suggest going that route, and mounting a small set of aux fog or flood lights below your bumper. You will most likely be happiest with the performance of that set up in my opinion!
Very well said Baron. When I fabricated my hitch behind the bumper I lost my lights mounted between the bumper and hitch. I ran stock lights a few years. I with my tint it was impossible to back up. Finally added the cheapo driving lights in the picture, work wonders. I've always ran the cheapest set I can find since I don't care about pattern on them, lots of stray light is fine by me. I also wired up a set on my travel trailer as well, makes backing up so much nicer.

Sent from TBI 454 HTC Droid DNA

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what im most likely gonna do, however i have a roll pan so im gonna have to stick with just the bulbs im not going to mount anything under the rollpan

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what im most likely gonna do, however i have a roll pan so im gonna have to stick with just the bulbs im not going to mount anything under the rollpan

do the H I D i did this and it's been almost over 2 yrs with mine ... no problems. These are still brighter during the 2 sec warm up than regular
bulbs. Now i have L E D rears and they are clear witch lets all the H I D light through. I have pics www. photobucket. com/qlcp. :jawdrop:

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll get used to it. I have 1% on all my rear and its not to bad at night

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have the same problem but i just mounted some fog lights backwards on my headache rack

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do the H I D i did this and it's been almost over 2 yrs with mine ... no problems. These are still brighter during the 2 sec warm up than regular
bulbs. Now i have L E D rears and they are clear witch lets all the H I D light through. I have pics www. photobucket. com/qlcp. :jawdrop:

Dude that looks sick, thats exactly what im goin for, do you recall the brand you used for that?