94 "intimidator" build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red_97

Reaction score
Truck holds no value to me, the ole lady on the other hand is a whole different story lol. A frame swap is out of the question, i dont have the time/tools/space to do something that major. It was suppose to be a back up vehicle for the rare instances when one of ours is down, but i can NEVER leave anything alone.

red_97

Reaction score
No real update yet, just been driving and enjoying it..and man as much as i hated 88-94 interiors, im starting to love it lol. Have an appointment at a somewhat local fab shop to have frame inspected and estimate done on repair needed. Also have all new led bulbs on order. Once there in all lights will be sanded and polished out along with the new bulbs. Then i think itll get a r134a conversion and ac charged. Been on the hunt for a rust free tailgate and front fenders for it aswell.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Tachometer was a $60 option in 94?!? I know they made a cluster without it, but didn't realize the option was $60.

red_97

Reaction score
Well finally had a break in my schedule and had some free time. Ran it up to a local repair shop and he quoted me 4-600 to fix and plate drivers side frame by gearbox, 200 to repair/plate passenger side frame horn and 400 to needle scale and coat frame. I dont mind the repair quote but id hate to soend 400 just to have it descaled and painted when i can do it myself, the only advantage of him doing it, is he might catch another bad spot i would miss.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well finally had a break in my schedule and had some free time. Ran it up to a local repair shop and he quoted me 4-600 to fix and plate drivers side frame by gearbox, 200 to repair/plate passenger side frame horn and 400 to needle scale and coat frame. I dont mind the repair quote but id hate to soend 400 just to have it descaled and painted when i can do it myself, the only advantage of him doing it, is he might catch another bad spot i would miss.
If you dont mind the truck being down for awhile I'd take a shot @ descaling and painting myself but $400 doesnt sound bad at all.

red_97

Reaction score
I can do ot myself, but time is an issue, and if i descale and paint it i run the risk of missing something i might not even notice and then him fixing the known bad and a few months later another bad spot i over looked takes the truck down. I think im just gonna pony up the cash and have it done

red_97

Reaction score
Im fighting a new issue now tho. I pulled the air cleaner off to check the filter, like an idiot i moved the throttle linkage by hand, almost felt like something popped off but i couldnt find anything. Put filter and lid back on it and took it for a drive. Throttle pedal moves alot easier(before it felt stiff) and if you floor it to pass a car it will rev off the tach, past the 5k mark past the end of tach a good inch like its going to 6k plus

red_97

Reaction score
When i put it to the floor it will go all the way to the smal "40" on speedo. Before it would make it to the 4k mark and shift
You must be registered for see images attach

red_97

Reaction score
Must be
You must be registered for see images attach
the tornados that were behind the air filter..lol. im seriously stumped tho..