94 "intimidator" build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red_97

Reaction score
Well i think this project is over. Truck is back to revving/running fine now that i out air cleaner back on right lol. So then i decided to start descaleing the frame. And that put the project at a stop. Found one more spot and a rotted out cab mount. Between the 1200 for the frame repair..plus another few hundred id assume for the new found damage, the new gas tank strap/mount ill be an easy 2k into it. And its still rusty every where else and has a bad cab mount. I think this is where i take what i can get out of it and not look back

red_97

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
the 3 bad spots, and all the scale i hammered off one side of frame just between the tires

red_97

Reaction score
Well shes gone. Wife and boy shed a few tears. But they can hold onto their goox memories and not end up with a bad when when the frame snaps and we wreck and end up injured or dead. As much as it hurt to let it go, my family and myselfs safety along with everyone i pass on the road is more important to me then a truck. Guy bought it within a half hour of it being posted, he was well aware of the swiss cheese frame and understood the severity of it. Cant complain to much tho as i still made a profit on it.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a bummer I was looking forward toseeing what you did with this truck. It was real nice looking but I understand rust can be dangerous.

red_97

Reaction score
Thats a bummer I was looking forward toseeing what you did with this truck. It was real nice looking but I understand rust can be dangerous.
It sucks, but i will keep my eyes peeled for another. I prefer the 97+ myself, only purchased this because of the history on it. Moving forward i think im going to focus on getting my gmt800 back up to par, and finish builing my 99 cummins that i acquired from my father.

red_97

Reaction score
Well aginst my wifes better judgment, im on the lookout for another 88-98. Except im going to go down a road i never thought i would...2wd..being in michigan where we can get some harsh winters it will just be a summer truck. Ive NEVER had a 2wd but being a gearhead i dont dislike or discriminate aginst any vehicle, and have always wanted to lower something. So im leaning towards another obs 2wd and doing a 2/4 or 4/6 drop. Only requirements are frame and underside MUST be solid, no huge mechanical issues or trashed bodys/interiors and per the kid he says it MUST be red!!

red_97

Reaction score
Well i finally found and purchased its replacement today, ended up with a 2001 Silverado 1500hd crew cab 4x4, so its the 8 lug, 6.0, 4l80e truck. Came with a spare t case plus all other 4x4 components, and a tons of other odds and ends, delivered to my house i was all in it for 1200 bucks. Has 180k miles on it and the e brake is dragging. But should be a good family hauler and side project.

red_97

Reaction score
The 94 got sold. Couldnt find a clean obs 2wd and i was getting ancy. I came across the 01 crew cab 1500hd 4x4 for 2500 bucks, after a few days of negotiations i got it for 1200 bucks. Not sure on build plans yet..just gonna focus on the few mechanical issues first