94 "intimidator" build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red_97

Reaction score
Just picked up a 1 owner 94 z71 ecsb 5.7 tbi truck with 141k miles on it. My father inlaw purchased it new and just upgraded and wanted it gone, scooped it up for 1000 bucks. It HAS rust, spent its whole life in michigan, but the interior is mint and mechanically its solid and well taken care of. I wasnt in the market, but have been obs-less for about a year and miss my old 97, ive never been a fan of the 88-94 interior but its already growing on me. The two tone(red center, black top/bottom) is what made me buy it, ive only ever seen one other in my area. The father inlaw is a huge Earnhardt fan hence why he chose this color, along with the 7 Earnhardt stickers all over the truck from 94 aswell( why i call the truck "intimidator") He had a topper put on it when he bought it from the dealer and its never left the bed in the last 25yrs until today i removed to clean back windows. But put back on for now. My plans are as follow
*LED lights for all interior/exterior
*rust repair and repaint on lower portion of truck
*clean and coat frame
*seat covers to save seats from kid/work
*17" 07 classic rims on 285s mt's
*crank just enough to be level
*window tint
*tonneau cover
*replace bumpers with clean stocks
*MAYBE smoked lights front and back
*MAYBE a nice sounding exhaust.
Thats about sums up where i want to be with the truck. Its such a good running, smooth well kept truck i want to keep it original yet do some slightly tasteful mods that accent it instead of butchering it. I will get some pics and upload them shortly, i only have my android phone so i need to learn how to do that yet. If anyone has any recommendations or ideas about my mods or things to set the truck off im open to ideas and changes. Thanks

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice build! For smoked lights, I wouldn't do them personally. They cut down on visibility, and with stupid people on their phones while driving, it's not worth it. I would get some clear headlights/parking lights for a factory, yet modern look.

red_97

Reaction score
I dont think I will do much night driving, and ill buy good clear lights and smoke them with tinted clear myself, with a light smoke and led or hid lights i think ill be ok. Plus i think the smoke will go with the black on the paint scheme

red_97

Reaction score
I will say, the underside is alot crustier then i expected, theres some decent sized rust chunks falling off and heavy scale all over it, with 2 holes in frame at front by bumper mounts. My plans are to take a needle scaler to it and see just how bad it is. The frame determines if this build happens or not. But at the miles and how great it runs/drives and how clean the interior is even if frame is bad at a 1000 bucks i can still make out good on it. If frame looks good enough to run, once scaled i will be doing a quality coating on it, since i belive the poor coating that was on it originally is what caused the bad frame rust.