Left front brake locks up and releases after pumping pedal lightly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess this is as good a place as any.
I don't know if this is federal or a Florida thing but I had to sue a guy a couple years ago to get paid for repairing a motorcycle. During all the back and too with lawyers I discovered that if you work on a vehicle for compensation you are a vehicle repair facility even if it's in your private garage and he pays you with a 6 pack of beer.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I REFUSE to take money for my service work.
1. I don't want the IRS to tax my "income".
2. I don't want to buy liability insurance for my "work"
3. I don't want problems with my homeowner's insurance for my "home-based business".
4. I don't want hassles with the Government over my failure to get a business license.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
MORE HELP NEEDED!!

Tonight I replaced the rubber brake line in question and he came out to help thoroughly bleed all 4 corners and... Some improvement but not much change! Frustrating! New (maybe?) problem... Squishy pedal, doesnt pump up. That however I probably ignored because I thought the bleed wasn't properly done before. They are for sure all bled 100% now.

Pictures of his setup in the next posts...

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
In that last picture I also bled that bleeder on top before everything else. what is that? It looks like its only used on the rear brakes but I'm still curious what that is?

Edit, Before he got here to help bleed, I cracked open that bleeder and it wasnt gravity bleeding until I pushed the pedal then something released and it blew its load everywhere. So I started bleeding that properly first when he came over.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not a lawyer either. I am the guy who gets paid to make sure that nobody needs a lawyer.
Whenever you sell a vehicle you need a "As Is, Where is" bill of sale signed by both parties.
But, that will not keep you from being sued.
It may help you get the claim denied and in the event of death or serious injury if it goes to a jury that may be enough to help you win.
And none of that matters if you have knowingly sold a defective vehicle that you had "The opportunity to repair or remove from the roads"
You may win the criminal case. You will likely avoid a charge of manslaughter.
But you are highly likely to loose the civil suit that follows.
The criminal charge will be brought by the local jurisdiction prosecuter.
You have no path to recoup attorney fees from any government entity.None at all.
And you will need an attorney.
Civil court is very very different.
That theoretical legal bullwark that protects you in a criminal case is essentially gone.
You are very much at the mercy of the jury.
I have done jury duty four times in three different states.
The first time was just to see how it all worked.
The next three times were because it is such an appaling process.
Most people dodge out of jury duty either because just cant do it or becuase they dont want to be bothered.
Every court in America has people that show up wanting to be on a jury.
And sometimes they make it into the jury pool.
Because they have watched every episode of "Law and Order" and they really want to fry somebody.
I have overheard these conversations over and over in every jury pool I have been in.
The "Jury of your Peers" is actually a jury of people who cant figure out how to get out of it.
People who have mental issues and really want to fry you so they can feel like a hero.
Old people who have nothing better to do.
And a very very slim margin of people like me who are so ******* appalled by the whole process that we do our duty in the hope that the whack jobs dont railroad some poor **** because they saw the same case on TV.
A "Grand Jury" trial or a criminal trial is a very different thing.
In a civil trial there is not that whole process of questioning jurors and eliminating them based on how they answer.
That is movie bullshit.
You get people who want to fry you.
People who are pissed off because they didnt figure out how to get out of it.
And old people who want to fry you and flip you over and fry the other side.
The only way you can try to claw back your life savings that you now owe to the lawyers is by counter- sueing.
Which is basically pointless because they spent all of the money on lawyers.
The legal process and the courts are nothing like you see on TV or in the movies.
It just does not work that way at all.
Back to trucks. When I sold my 1990 f-150 several years ago we took it into the shop and went through it stem to stern and found leaking axle seals and a broken leaf spring.
So we pulled the diff and did pinion bearings and a junkyard spring pack and put brakes and bearings in it.
Not becuase we had to.
We did it because it was on the road with a for sale sign on it 3 blocks from the local high school.
My old truck was going to be some high school kids pride and joy.
It needed a new windshield.
It had a cracked exhaust manifold like all small block fords.
He can fix that. We left him a few things to learn his wrench on.
But it had brand new brakes all the way around and was as safe as we could make a 1990 F-150 be.
So the kid who bought the truck met a couple of old car guys and we became friends.
He gets to learn on minor stuff instead of friggen pinion bearings.
The brakes work like new.
About 400 bucks in parts and a couple of days in our shop while we were ****** around and doing nothing anyway.
And Im pretty sure this kid is a car guy.
Not only is my old Colorado escape truck safe for someone else.
It is also still alive.
I think that is the way to get young people involved.