Long tubes from 1990 5.7 on my 97 Vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Picked these long tubes up for the low price of FREE today. Pulled them from a 1990 5.7. I know these will bolt up to mine but will I have clearance issues? What will I need to do to run them? Are they compatible with my Vortec?

You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
the vortec has an egr tube on the drivers side manifold that won't be on those

sent from DAS DOOLAY!!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
that I don't know... maybe somebody a bit more knowledgeable than I will chime in

sent from DAS DOOLAY!!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
egr can be delet ed with a black bear tune but you also have to weld some 02 sensor bungs in them there is a member on here who put tbi heads on a vortec and did a write up on it

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I have headers for 95-down on my Yukon. I just plugged my EGR port and am blocking the CEL out of my mind until I get the cashola to get it tuned out. It runs fine, just gives the code for Insufficient EGR Flow. But I also have shorties that bolt straight to the factory collectors, so yeah, you'd have to get O2 bungs welded in. As far as clearance, youll be fine, engine bays are all the same dimensions from 88-98, and your lift eliminates any ground clearance issues.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I see the header pictured has an O2 bung already. So I guess they both already have one since thats the driver side?