Lite up OBS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
It's not my truck it's a guy over on FSC, I remembered the truck as I was suggesting that you mount them on the frame. All I know is that he said they are leds.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ya would have to be because heck when my system hits in the truck when I'm blaring my country it really dims the lights time to upgrade the alt.

how many amps does the stock 350 vortec alternator run?

but i think that is the way im gona run the lights but the color of my truck bothers me with that idea

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
mean green are some of the best that I know of, others may disagree but I had one on my Land Rover for a little while until I sold the alternator off of it because I took all my extra stuff out when I let my sister drive it.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Does anyone else hear "Dueling banjos" when opening this thread or is it just me? Anyways look into doing the "Big 3" upgrade before you start throwing batteries and alternators at your poor truck

Reaction score
There are a lot of Jeep guys who run small LED lights recessed into certain spots for rock lights so that they can wheel at night. During the day you can hardly see them, but at night they throw a good amount of light. Here are a few examples: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f217/xk-glow-led-rock-lights-1151074/ and http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f64/led-rock-crawling-lights-600/.

As far as alternators, the stock for a '98 Vortec is 105Amps, but you can fairly easily upgrade to a 140Amp alternator from the '99-'05 trucks as seen here: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?232-96-98-Vortec-Alternator-Upgrade-AD244 Like has been said though, check the "Big 3", which are: 1) The cable from alternator to the battery positive; 2) The cable from the battery negative to the chassis; 3) The cable from the engine ground to the chassis. Search for "big 3 upgrade" on Google to get more specifics.

Now for my opinion: Please don't do to your Chevy what you did to that poor Ranger. There is such a thing as beauty in simplicity, I promise. Good luck.

Tom

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
Does anyone else hear "Dueling banjos" when opening this thread or is it just me? Anyways look into doing the "Big 3" upgrade before you start throwing batteries and alternators at your poor truck

please explaine the big 3.

and i was told of the mean green alternators they say their worth the money.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ac delco is what autozone carries right?

how many amps would u guys recommend for that.

when i ran 48 LEDs on the ranger it pulled a little under 5 amps i think

now another question
what is the big 3 upgrade supertrucker1978 mentioned? and wiring recommend for running dual battery's