Squarebody Column In OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dadstruck88

Reaction score
I’m manual swapping my 89 and the time has come to switch the steering column. I’ve found a good deal on an 84 column out of a floor shift squarebody with tilt and cruise and everything else I desire. Side by side the two columns look the same but I’m wondering if anyone knows wether it will work in an obs before I buy it. I’ve checked online and some sources say that 84-94 full size truck columns are the same and others say they won’t fit. I haven’t had any luck finding one from an obs, so hopefully this one works. Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I’m manual swapping my 89 and the time has come to switch the steering column. I’ve found a good deal on an 84 column out of a floor shift squarebody with tilt and cruise and everything else I desire. Side by side the two columns look the same but I’m wondering if anyone knows wether it will work in an obs before I buy it. I’ve checked online and some sources say that 84-94 full size truck columns are the same and others say they won’t fit. I haven’t had any luck finding one from an obs, so hopefully this one works. Thanks
I believe the mounting plate to the firewall is different, and the wiring may be different as well. It's been a long time since I've had both styles in front of me to compare. Look closer.. not all differences may be immediately obvious.

Richard