Aftermarket steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyHardass

Reaction score
Howdy All,

I'm rolling a 1988 regular cab Silverado which has been converted to right hand drive and sports a benchy and a column shift - on a tilt column. The steering column gear selector bit connecting to the cable (not sure what that's called sorry) has just shorn off and being at the ass end of the world getting another one locally is easier said than done. Being that I'm on the opposite side of the cab, an adjustable connector lever thing would be golden so I can rotate it to fit. I've been searching aftermarket columns and think I've sheared something off in my brain as there's a smell like burnt hair and my nose is bleeding from trying to decide if one would work. So if anyone has some knowledge they can share, is it viable to utilise an ididit column or similar and get the original multi-function indicator control stalk and whatnot working on it? I love me bone stock so ideally would like to use a black one and **** the original wheel back on etc, but maybe I'm dreaming.

If anyone can give this muppet a few pointers with regards to any kind of aftermarket column setup I'd appreciate it greatly.