Lifting 94 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
my 20 year old Texas u bolts came off easy :lol:

Can't wait to see this thing finished. I ordered the 2" RC kit and actually was able to install them with the autozone coil spring compressor.... never again though. Almost broke my dad's thumb when it slipped. I want to pull the 2" off for the 4" at some point

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 20 year old Texas u bolts came off easy :lol:

Can't wait to see this thing finished. I ordered the 2" RC kit and actually was able to install them with the autozone coil spring compressor.... never again though. Almost broke my dad's thumb when it slipped. I want to pull the 2" off for the 4" at some point

Your lucky, that's what Michigan rust will do hahaha. But more power to you being able to install it with the autozone rental... When we did my buddies 2000 2wd silverado we did 3" coil spacers up front and 2" blocks in the rear and let me just say we nearly killed ourselves getting those front spacers in with the rental tool. We had every form of protection you could wear like blast face shields from when it would slip off and blow chucks of concrete out of his garage floor when we were compressing the spring. Never again lol

blmiller8

Reaction score
Your lucky, that's what Michigan rust will do hahaha. But more power to you being able to install it with the autozone rental... When we did my buddies 2000 2wd silverado we did 3" coil spacers up front and 2" blocks in the rear and let me just say we nearly killed ourselves getting those front spacers in with the rental tool. We had every form of protection you could wear like blast face shields from when it would slip off and blow chucks of concrete out of his garage floor when we were compressing the spring. Never again lol

Yeah I think the 5" pry bar helped more than those cheap compressors. I was going to put the 3" spacers in there but decided against it which I am kinda glad now it looks good with just the 4" lift. I am going to finish up the right side tonight and try and post some pics. Just gotta wait until the kids are in bed to finish up. I plan on pulling all the wheels this weekend to get them powder coated. I was going to get rims but found I could just powder coat the rims for like $100. The same shop also makes hydraulic lines so I am going to have them make a few break lines that are longer. They only charged me $12 for a couple of hydraulic lines I had to have made for some equipment at the junk yard so the break lines wont be much more.

blmiller8

Reaction score
95C1500,

Myn ended up costing a lot more than I planned because the ball joints, springs, tie rods and bearings were all bad. Considering they have been sitting in the Florida weather I was suprised they were still somewhat intact when I pulled it apart.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to lift mine. My plan was to use 4 inch spndles, taller coils, and a shackle flip. Run flared fiberglass fenders up front and body color factory fender flares on the back. Go with AR Baja rims and had finally decided on 33x12.50s. It would be a good setup but my truck is too useful the way it is and I have 4wds so I got the idea out of my head. I need a locker more anyways. Everytime I've been full blown stuck a locker would've saved my day.

blmiller8

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

There she is i finished the lift tonight and decided to paint wheels. Replaced the hub caps and lugnuts while I was at it. Just need to get some bigger tires they look so tiny now that its 4" higher. Ill post some pics tomorrow after I pull it out and fix the wall I damaged pulling it into the garage.

blmiller8

Reaction score
I finally got around to taking the truck in for an alignment. However the guy says that I will never be able to fix the camber and it's really bad. How do I fix the camber I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
You'll probably need the knockouts removed and a cam bolt kit installed. I believe that's what its called.

blmiller8

Reaction score
Oh yes now I know what I need to do thanks. The first shop I took it too mentioned knock outs but wanted $250 to do the aligment. I figured I would just pay and get it done right. Asked my wife to drop the truck off and she decided to go to the 39.99 alignment place where they don't speak english.