Lifting 94 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to try and get a better compressor the one I have is junk.

If I were you buy a nice one like i mentioned from Matco tool, its worth it in the long run and handy to have. The rentals arent strong enough for truck coils. But still be careful i hate compressing springs but i have had the tool slip before and it can get ugly quick. I was doing it on a concrete floor compressing it and the tool slipped and let go and took a chuck out of my buddies garage floor... good thing we had glasses on and gloves.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yea it does its only rated for a Prius or something.... We bent the fork on it so we had to bend it back before we returned it or we wouldn't get are deposit back lol

blmiller8

Reaction score
I have finished one side. It took a little longer because once it was apart I noticed the ball joints, tie rods, and bearings were bad. So I had to order all the parts figured I would go ahead and just replace them since the truck was apart. I did notice while under there that the transmission is leaking out the front so probably have to pull that out when I have a few min. I also took a ton of pictures the new coil popped in place once I got the truck a little higher on the jacks. The issue was that I just didn't have enough room to pivot the lower a arm to get it in place. Ill post a new thread for how to on this make it simple since its really not difficult just very time consuming. The upper ball joint is very difficult to get out if you dont have the correct tools as its riveted in place.

You must be registered for see images attach

blmiller8

Reaction score
Oh yea it does its only rated for a Prius or something.... We bent the fork on it so we had to bend it back before we returned it or we wouldn't get are deposit back lol

Yeah I ended up finding the same puller you posted at a local parts store it worked kinda just gave me that extra inch or so I needed to get it in. With the use of a 5ft pry bar. It was a pain but get her back together. I am running into an issue with the break line its extended to the max. I may have to order some longer ones and get the tools.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very good at least you got the springs in. I know i liked that compressor because it was a bit more compact then the rentals are and easier to maneuver. But really i didn't need to extend my brake lines, i was able to get away with bending the brackets around and pulling more line through the center a-arm bracket thats holding onto it. I also bent the metal tubing that connects to the caliber up more so i got more length there also. Just need to be careful doing this so you don't kink it, if you do this go nice and slow and watch the metal.

blmiller8

Reaction score
Very good at least you got the springs in. I know i liked that compressor because it was a bit more compact then the rentals are and easier to maneuver. But really i didn't need to extend my brake lines, i was able to get away with bending the brackets around and pulling more line through the center a-arm bracket thats holding onto it. I also bent the metal tubing that connects to the caliber up more so i got more length there also. Just need to be careful doing this so you don't kink it, if you do this go nice and slow and watch the metal.

I found an easy fix for the break line I attempted what you did and the line is pinched at the body. I am just going to add about 4" and slide the bracket up as far as I can. Something I did forget to do was cut off the old steering stops found that one out the hard way when I went to turn the truck around in the garage basically had to do a 50 point turn.

I am working on the back now those ubolts are stubborn I think I am just going to cut the old ones off. I PB blasted them for like a week with and still broke my breaker bar.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha thats funny i almost forgot to take mine off too lol But yea i would cut them ******** off, if laughed at my impact gun that isnt a joke. I had a 3/4 ratchet with a 3 foot pole on the end of it to get them all the way off, let me tell you what a pain in the ass that was.