LiftedGmc355s 89 Stepside Build Thread Lots of pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
Well i guess ill show the story of the stepside up till now. I bought it as a bone stock 305 5 speed base model truck manual locks and windows rubber floors, and she was ugly. I had to put a fuel pump in it right away so i did that the night of purchase and took it for a spin.

You must be registered for see images attach

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
I had to replace a bunch of stuff to get in on the road right off, but soon i started in on upgrading the apearance. i tried a 2" block in th back but i couldnt get it to level out and they were junk anyways

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
So i pulled them blocks out, got rid of the bull bar and updated the nose with a 97 grille with a billet insert clear corners and markers i scored ofCL for 60$ same color as the truck! And i also pulled out the ratty bench and swapped in leather buckets i got from a friend

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
I got didnt like the look of the 89 stock headlights so i wired in some headlights out of a 97 and got some 8k HIDS for it at the same time

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
At this point i was getting happy with the way it looked but i had to address the drive train. the guy i bought it off of never told me the tranny was junk. The input shaft bearings were worn out and nosiy and the truck started kicking out of gear. So i went to a local junkyard and picked up a low miles tranny for 250 bucks. I figured while i was doing that i might as well drop a 350 in it. So i bought a low miles 350 off my dad bough shorty headers and a true dual hooker exhaust system for it and a pair of thrus welded mufflers, new clutch gas tank fuel pump and probly more i cant remember

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
Once i got it put together and worked the bugs out i was very happy with the way truck was i picked up some steel outlaw rims for it and built a back rack