lift questions.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

Where am I?
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong but:

Doesn't the rough ride truly come from either the shocks be over extended or the lack of suspension travel when cranked up too close to the droop stops? Twisting the torsion bars doesn't really change the spring rate on them, just loads them up a little therefore raising the suspension.

I cranked my truck up with no change what so ever in the ride of the truck. However my shocks have plenty of travel and I plenty of up and down travel in the front

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong but:

Doesn't the rough ride truly come from either the shocks be over extended or the lack of suspension travel when cranked up too close to the droop stops? Twisting the torsion bars doesn't really change the spring rate on them, just loads them up a little therefore raising the suspension.

I cranked my truck up with no change what so ever in the ride of the truck. However my shocks have plenty of travel and I plenty of up and down travel in the front

I am thinking the same thing. So What size shocks would you use to combat this? I asked this in one thread and never got a clear answer.....

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well if you crank to the droop stops it's rough cause it an't drop, but cranking has to put more stress or spring rate to the bars or else it wouldn't lift the front end. it's kinda like throwing 3/4 ton stuf on the older 1/2 it raises them up, spring rate increases, now some of the old leaf springs the rate changed but not nessacarily raises, just they are re arched. I don't see how t bars can raise something other then the keys make the rate increas?

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so for guys with busted ass torsion bars what do you guys suggest...in my case ive got the k3500 i havent seen much on new bars when shopping for a budget lift lol

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i suggest new tortion bars. And a lift for the 6 bolt trucks are pretty common. I havent seen a 8 bolt lift which is what your 3500 should be.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, You'all just save me some time and money. I was going with the keys for now but will jump up to the 4" lift.
Will cranking up the torsion bars create more front tire wear? If so, I'll wait until after my up comming road trip.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes and no. It will, but if you are only cranking a little bit and the angles arent too extreme, you will be fine. The RCX 6" kit calls for cranking 1 inch of lift and many people are running around like all the time

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will cranking up the torsion bars create more front tire wear? If so, I'll wait until after my up comming road trip.

Cranking any amount will thrown your truck out of allignment with to much negative camber and wear the insides of your tires, unless you get it re-alligned.