lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Caster doesn't wear ur tires it just creates pull.

I think you are mistaking. Positive of negative camber make your tires look like this / \ or \ / so either the inside or outside of the tread will wear down.

yah i think im gonna flip em back and lower the front down so its not crazy angles for now....they would not come off...i beat em for 30 min and nothing...i just googled it and seen a few guys unbolted cross member then beat on em? think i could torch em off? or is it not even worth doing them?

So you couldn't get the torsion bars to move out of the keys? You have to soak the bars in the keys and soak the control arm. Use the torsion bar unloading tool, take the pin out that holds the keys in and I use an air hammer and push the bar out of the key. Never have a problem.

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you are mistaking. Positive of negative camber make your tires look like this / \ or \ / so either the inside or outside of the tread will wear down.

I know I wasn't talking about camber I was talkin about caster

Bensett004

Reaction score
soak em with what? and yah they wouldnt budge heated the key not the bar and beat it like crazy no air hammer tho

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry! I misread! You are correct. Well way to much caster would cause tire wear but you would probably hear the tires squealing going down the road lol

Lol no biggie and yea I put a 4/7 on my buddies nnbs and the adjustments were maxed out with caster and everytime he turned in my complex it would squeal really bad lmao

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
soak em with what? and yah they wouldnt budge heated the key not the bar and beat it like crazy no air hammer tho

Penetrating oil. Like PB Blaster. You can get it at auto zone. You could also try beating it in both directions to see if you can get it broke free. But which kit do you want to get. I would recommend getting the 3" kit or just keys because that will only do damage to you frontend because you will crank higher than you should.

Bensett004

Reaction score
ok so just go with the whole kit? when i kit the kit is it even worth doing the keys? my stock keys lifted it about 2"

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was told that kit is garbage. Another tahoe member sent me his build where he used the kit to try and clear 26s. Ended up ruining his cv boots and then rode like garbage.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Penetrating oil. Like PB Blaster. You can get it at auto zone. You could also try beating it in both directions to see if you can get it broke free. But which kit do you want to get. I would recommend getting the 3" kit or just keys because that will only do damage to you frontend because you will crank higher than you should.

I believe Hunter meant to say: "I would NOT recommend getting the 3" kit"

Bensett004

Reaction score
so what should i do? just pic up some keys and leave it? maybe flip ball joints back and alignment?