lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bensett004

Reaction score
So i am looking at some lifts and was wondering what you guys think about this? right now I have 2 in blocks in the rear and torsion bars cranked up, also flipped the ball joints....before doing all this i didnt realize that i wouldnt be able to correct the alignment from the ball joint flip so i have a small amount of positive camber, now that i have almost trashed a good set of 33-12.5-20 mudd grapplers im ready to fix it before buying new....heres my question, I want to go with 35's, i already have 3 in body lift, if i were to return ball joints to stock and run 1" blocks with t bars half cranked will they clear? I was also wanting some wheel spacers, will that make any difference? and does any one have any exspierience with this lift? http://www.ebay.com/itm/380660764668?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 its a rough country 3" suspension lift, if i do use that lift do i have to change they keys? I tryed to change them before and had no luck......any help will be nice...thanks

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Did you have the knockouts removed? Wheel spacers will not have any effect on alignment.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You need to get a full drop kit to correct all angles. I would recommend the 4" RCX if you want to keep the body lift or get the 6" RCX and remove the body lift. Any thing else won't help your front end. Honestly the best thing on the front end is probably the 4" and the body lift because all your angles will be flat.

Bensett004

Reaction score
yes i did remove the knockouts...I am seriously considering the kit as we speak lol...i cant afford that much in tires once a year lol....with the 3 in body and this kit, 35's shouldnt be a problem right?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have a couple of degree of -/+ (I can't rmember) either camber or caster and my tires are wearing fine :Shrug:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine with a 6" RCX and 35" Toyo MT's

You must be registered for see images attach

And I paid $935 shipped in 2 days from truckaddons.com

Last edited:

Bensett004

Reaction score
I have positive camber...i would say between a 1/8 and a 1/4 in out....that looks pretty good...i cant figure out what to do...lol...I called this off road place by my house and they told me it could be 5-10 hours labor to do the kit...i would do it my self but i couldnt get the torsion keys off last time i tried?? can i torch em? if i can cut them off then i can install my self...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
The reason you have positive camber is because you flipped your ball joints. You can flip them back and get it realigned or if you crank more and get it aligned but that will be worse on your frontend. What was the problem you had with the torsion bar keys?

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a couple of degree of -/+ (I can't rmember) either camber or caster and my tires are wearing fine :Shrug:

Caster doesn't wear ur tires it just creates pull. I'd say its 70 percent toe 30 percent camber.

Bensett004

Reaction score
yah i think im gonna flip em back and lower the front down so its not crazy angles for now....they would not come off...i beat em for 30 min and nothing...i just googled it and seen a few guys unbolted cross member then beat on em? think i could torch em off? or is it not even worth doing them?