Let the fun begin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you haven't already, put a little dab of silicone under the head of this one cowl screw on the passenger side. That screw pokes through above the inlet for the blower box and will leak water into the cab through there if water gets past it. Picture of said screw in the second post of this thread:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/water-leak-passenger-side.51292/
I'll do just that, thanks. The day or so before we had over an inch and a half of rain. That might of had something to do with it. I just remembered that.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you haven't already, put a little dab of silicone under the head of this one cowl screw on the passenger side. That screw pokes through above the inlet for the blower box and will leak water into the cab through there if water gets past it. Picture of said screw in the second post of this thread:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/water-leak-passenger-side.51292/
Finally got warm and dry enough to put some goop on that screw. The bottom of the screw looked as though it was cruddy,. I think you've right. After all the snow that just melted the carpets dry, just a bit of moisture across the bottom of the windshield.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started taking things apart to pull the motor, and may have found why it's seized. The radiator cap was super hard to get off. It had a plastic cap on top of the metal one that was turning without the inner moving. No coolant came out of the intake manifold heater connection when it came off, and no visible juice in the radiator. The cap wasn't on properly and I bet he ran it dry.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been nibling at getting the motor ready to pull on Virginia and dang but the ps pulley took some grunt to get off. Are they always that tight?

Attachments

• 20240222_142713.jpg
    20240222_142713.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 8