Let the fun begin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The oil fill pipe also had some ugly red crud in it, the right bank under the valve cover was cleaner than the left. One member stated, taht he had seen the cumulative effect of leaking intake gaskets, being bearing erosion leading to locked up motors. Sounds more than likely to me the further I get. Coolant issues killed it I bet.

Attachments

• 20240302_151113.jpg
    20240302_151113.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 6

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please tell me there's a trick to getting the shield gizmo off. From underneath maybe? I've gotten the other top bell housing bolts out. I had a friend years ago that had a saying that applies here. I'm just gonna pop that right out, "better pack a lunch" he'd say.

Attachments

• 20240314_153004.jpg
    20240314_153004.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 7

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice weather today so took another nibble. Is there an easy way to get to the nuts for the motor mount to frame bolts. Since the motor is frozen, the tq is going to have to come with. Figure it would be easier to slide forward than up and forward. I bet there ain't. It sure would have been easy to weld them when it was apart.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two studs on that side of the bellhousing, and there are nuts that hold the shield onto the studs. Remove the nuts, pull the harness and shield out of the way, and then you can unbolt the studs. I did mine from underneath with a 3' extension and an impact wobble socket.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I got the one that held the trans vent, but the one holding that heat shield is occluded by the wiring. I couldn't make sense of it by feel, and you sure can't see it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I got the one that held the trans vent, but the one holding that heat shield is occluded by the wiring. I couldn't make sense of it by feel, and you sure can't see it.

Have you tried reaching it from the bottom?

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not yet. Wanted to get everything I could from the top first. And that's just the two motor mount bolts now. I've been really careful of the the mount clips, and don't want to break anything there.