Lester622 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Nice builds. Anything else done to the crew cab? I wish I could paint like that. Everyone shop I have talked to wants $6000 or more to paint my crew.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice builds. Anything else done to the crew cab? I wish I could paint like that. Everyone shop I have talked to wants $6000 or more to paint my crew.

crew cab cab is stripped down, just waiting to start on the chassis. As soon as the black truck is done im going to build the chassis for the crew cab.

Paint work prices have gotten stupid, Not to many shops want to paint a whole car or truck they would rather do insurance jobs. Their is a few shops around here that are quick to throw out high prices for paint jobs and their finished product is not very good. I do some side work if you wanna drag it down to this area.

Last edited:

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just for reference international quoted 7k to paint a truck like this lol. I painted this for a friend who is going to do the welding on my chassis.This was painted with single stage.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's so worth the practice to learn to paint. I've never spent over a few hundred on a paint job. Most I've ever spent was on a base / clear and it was just over $700 cause chameleon was still a new thing and ran $250 a pint. Learning how or having a friend that can is awesome.. Co worker just paid $1500 for SprayGlo to paint his car, not the color he wanted and runs and overspray on everything..lol.
The rig looks freaken nice bro! Awesome job on it!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got the front wheels in that I ordered for the crew cab a couple of weeks ago.

956moe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it boy
sick builds man
also how did you dye the interior?