Lester622 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can't do both?

I want to build a new bigger motor for the car and it wont be cheap so I figured if I get rid of the 2 trucks I can get a pretty decent start on that. Plus I just don't really drive the copper truck. I think in the last 6 months ive driven it 4 times, and its been out the garage a total of 8 times lol. I enjoy putting the trucks together but I don't really enjoy driving them or going to shows with them.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm the same way. I have owned my truck for 2 years now and have a total of 150 miles on it. 7 since the new engine.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So? If youre getting out of truck stuff, are you going to get rid of those wheels we talked about?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So? If youre getting out of truck stuff, are you going to get rid of those wheels we talked about?

I am keeping the wheels for my trailer. Like I said originally shipping is to much of a pain for such big items. I hate shipping small things much less bigger items that need to be put on a pallet. sorry

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to part that 98 out let me know!

I wont part either one out. But what parts are you looking for I have boxes and boxes of parts for these trucks. I just don't really like dealing with shipping. I even have a whole 99 suburban sitting here that I bought cheap for a few pieces.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got one side buffed, I will never paint or own another black vehicle after this one. You look at this thing and it gets scratchs in it. I am going to paint the hood this week, im going to try to paint a carbon fiber stripe down the center to break up the black. It looks easy on the youtube videos but ive never tried it so it may come out good may look terrible.

I have to repaint the bottom of the door in that dull area. I scratched it pushing it back in the garage a while back. Tried touching it up and buffing it out but it burned through so I am just going to spot that one piece.

Also had to order a new fuel tank and sending unit. Took the old one out to change the pump since the bed was off and the thing was a big ball of rust and the tank is full of rust. I see why they switched over to the plastic tanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: