Lester622 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally had time to put the dash in the black truck just have to paint a few more pieces and get the seats done in blck vinyl and the interior should be done. Im not really liking all the different shades of black in it, I think its to many different contrasts of one color. But I am not changing anything ill just live with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks amazing. I'm definitely going the black interior route now.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the hood painted finally. My first attempt at carbon fiber, It came out pretty good but I think it could have been better. I used two similar silvers and I shot it with the big gun instead of the small gun. The last picture is out of focus ill have to get a better one.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally decided to work on the bed and got the rollpan, stake pockets, and random holes somebody drilled in the bed rails all welded up. Bed was repainted and the sealer let go so all the paint was peeling. Spent half the day stripping it which was no fun.

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, The picture in your avatar with the gmc phantom pieces over the lights did you make them or is that a set with the ends cut off for the newer grill?

I made those a few years back. Cut down the stock shell and had a buddies machine shop make the grille pieces after giving them measurements and letting them know what I want. Ended up riveting the pieces to the top and bottom of the shell. Loved it, then I rear ended some jerk that cut me off on the freeway.

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a closer pic. You can see the rivets on the passenger side before they were painted. Like a sore thumb. Eventually got it like the driver side.

Last edited:

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made those a few years back. Cut down the stock shell and had a buddies machine shop make the grille pieces after giving them measurements and letting them know what I want. Ended up riveting the pieces to the top and bottom of the shell. Loved it, then I rear ended some jerk that cut me off on the freeway.

That sucks, I thought maybe you cut up a billet grille and made the pieces.