LED PARK LIGHT BULBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice video Richard. Those look nice, and yeah im about 6 hours away from Houston. Otherwise I think we could figure it out quick with your help. I wonder why those work for your truck and mine don't work. Its basically the same thing , just mine stay white the whole time.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice video Richard. Those look nice, and yeah im about 6 hours away from Houston. Otherwise I think we could figure it out quick with your help. I wonder why those work for your truck and mine don't work. Its basically the same thing , just mine stay white the whole time.

Yours has this?? Heat sinks and all

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
(nevermind - deleted premature diagnosis of what's happening with my new ones, new reply further down...)

Richard

Last edited:

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yours has this?? Heat sinks and all

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mine are just plug and play led bulbs. What your posting looks like the front led headlights.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah someotherguy i notice the little ground tabs on inside of socket. I put a piece of plastic on side to make those little tabs stick out further and maybe get better ground but didnt work. I got one pair of leds to work, the only way they worked correctly was when i only installed led but didnt lock it in place just sat it in there. Arrows came off and blinked right and everything. So pretty useless since there just sitting in there and of course wont work like that. Really weird..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My bad...I'm gonna go back and edit my previous post, because I was wrong. The automatic-off function of the switchback running lights fooled me, and I hadn't had enough sleep (always working on the truck after a long night shift) to catch it quickly enough.

OK, so here's the current situation. If I plug ONE regular bulb in, the switchback in the other socket works on the running light circuit. This tells me right away it's a resistor issue. So I hooked in one 6 ohm/50W resistor on that side, put the 2nd switchback in, turn the lights on - the running lights come on in the switchbacks for just a second then they flicker out.

Still working on it and will update...wish I could remember what wattage resistors I used on the other truck. I don't wanna pull the grille just to test them with the meter, nor do I wanna disconnect them and disturb the wiring again.

Getting ready to try 2 6 ohm/50W resistors on each side; 1 for each socket. Seems excessive, but...jeez. They're ALMOST working.

Richard

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK, got it. I just couldn't remember how I made it work all those years ago - hell man it was 2011? That's like an eternity or something. :gr_grin:

How do you have your resistors wired up? Something to keep in mind is that with REGULAR...NON-SWITCHBACK LED's...people use resistors to cancel hyperflash. I'm not using them for this. I've hacked my flasher to fix hyperflash. Once switchbacks are installed, you need resistors to make the switchback function work right, regardless of that I've hacked the flasher...see? To make them work right, you wire the resistors up on the turn signal wire, not the running light wire.

So...with my current setup on the Suburban of Autolumination switchbacks in all 4 sockets and LED corner bulbs too, a hacked flasher to kill hyperflash, I have 1 6 ohm/50W resistor wired into the turn signal wire and ground, on each side. Not on each socket, just 1 for each side. Works like a champ. So to be clear, driver's side front turn signal wire is green; passenger side front turn signal wire is blue. Ground on each side black of course. Again this has nothing to do with fixing hyperflash, I already cured that with the flasher. Hack the stocker or replace with an LED-specific flasher. Then wire in the resistors. The Pilot brand ones that Pep Boys and Autozone sell are 6 ohm/50W just like you need.

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all that info someotherguy. I wired my 6ohm/50 watt resistors just on one side since i only have two. On the black of course and the blue wire and inside turn arrows came off but then one bulb didnt work. I'm really pissed off already. So u think if i just wire one resistor per side it should work like your setup??