LED PARK LIGHT BULBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
One 6 ohm resistor per side is all you should need. That's how I set mine up, working perfectly. Also be sure your bulbs are making good contact in the sockets. I had to fight with mine a little bit. It gets hard to tell with the running light function on a switchback because you can't tell if it's just not making good contact, or if it's turning off because it thinks it's supposed to. :gr_grin: Was making me WTF bigtime.

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so i connected one resistor to pass side only and arrows turned off inside and bulbs flash but they dont turn on when i turn on park lights. You think i need to connect driver side resistor??

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would happen if i wired resistor to brown park light wire?? Blow up resistor?? I got my wiring all hacked up from all this testing i even wired in a new socket. Dammit why cant i just leave stuff alone...:(

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats up abram i see your from pharr. Im from harlingen bro. Good to see people from the valley on here

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so i connected one resistor to pass side only and arrows turned off inside and bulbs flash but they dont turn on when i turn on park lights. You think i need to connect driver side resistor??
The sides work independently. Won't matter if one side isn't hooked up, but it -might- matter if you have one side hooked up wrong.

What would happen if i wired resistor to brown park light wire?? Blow up resistor?? I got my wiring all hacked up from all this testing i even wired in a new socket. Dammit why cant i just leave stuff alone...:(
Resistor on the park light wire won't do you any good. Won't hurt the resistor as long as you have it connected to a power wire and a ground wire. Two power wires would be a short...

Man, really dunno what you've got going on there. Again, wish you were closer.

As usual, youtube jacks up the smoothness of the video, they actually flash very normally. Not this jerky/stuttery/fast kind of appearance the video has. The somewhat weird turnoff when using the hazards though is real; not sure why but they're just kinda off from each other. Turn signals work great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5prBrB_IA0

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dam those are bad ass someotherguy!!! Wish mine would work like that. DAMMITTTT:nono:... Maybe its just the cheap ebay bulbs im buying. But dam I cant see myself spending 100 on 4 bulbs. I already put back my grille on truck so screw the leds guess there not for me. So pissed right now but thanks someotherguy you were a lot of help dude

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take some pics or something
I'm sure Richard could draw on the picture or something lol maybe the resistor is backwards! Jk lol
Richard would my wiring for the led tow mirror blinker help out 1sickcrewcab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fritz913

Reaction score
The sides work independently. Won't matter if one side isn't hooked up, but it -might- matter if you have one side hooked up wrong.

Resistor on the park light wire won't do you any good. Won't hurt the resistor as long as you have it connected to a power wire and a ground wire. Two power wires would be a short...

Man, really dunno what you've got going on there. Again, wish you were closer.

As usual, youtube jacks up the smoothness of the video, they actually flash very normally. Not this jerky/stuttery/fast kind of appearance the video has. The somewhat weird turnoff when using the hazards though is real; not sure why but they're just kinda off from each other. Turn signals work great.

This just fixed my lights! I tried no resistors, then 2 on each side because they came with the bulbs. if i un pinned the turn signal wire they came on ok like there is some low voltage through the turn even when not signaling. i also had a resistor for the corner markers because they seemed dim. took all the resistors out except the one on each side and sure enough they work!

Thank you Richard!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cool! Glad it helped. It's not really a complicated setup, just took some trial and error to figure out. And each time I do it to a new vehicle it's like I have to figure it out all over again..

Richard