Leaf spring bushing access/install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys- eyeballing this as I'll start this week- the shackle bolts on rear of leafs look like when I back them out, they'll Hit the frame? How do these come out as the bolt head faces inside- thanks!!!

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know how the rear shackle bolts comes out? Thanks!-

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must take out the lower bolt first.... the bolt that holds the shackle to the frame mount..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent- thank you and I'll report back in next few days- just didn't want to get over my head, so thanks for the reply!✔️

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes- thankfully the truck is from Az, so it's clean other than dried-out bushings- what a relief!!!

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, update- I'm removing springs completely, think it's easier to get shackle bushings out that way and I'll get new u-bolt hardware.

So, I have 2 good jacks on frame forward of now removed rear wheels, I have 2 jacks under axle now(jacked axle then put jacks under, lowered axle onto jacks)..

Can someone walk me through, in order, what to do now? I haven't jacked up anything under tow hitch yet...

Thanks guys- 1st timer so it's a huge help!

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What made you want to replace the spring bushings? I'm going to replace my body mounts and it seemed logical to me to do these as well but I can't find much online about it, looking at the kit from Energy Suspension.

And are you replacing just the bushings or the bolts as well?

Thanks.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the ES full kit- already put the body bushings in w new bolts... They were pretty well worn.. The spring bushings were dry rotted too- just need to get the springs out this weekend.. The ES master kit from summit is complete