L67 Injectors on a Stock 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my auto performance love is the Buick V6 so I’ve got 6 of the L67 injectors just sitting around after upgrading to some 55lb/hr on my project car. I’m also pulling the intake off to replace the fuel pressure regulator and clean things up coming up in a few weeks. I have HPTuners so doing the computer change isn’t a problem.
Is there anything to be gained from L67 injectors, all eight obviously, on an otherwise stock engine? I’m idlely temped to get a ZZ502 cam at some point but beyond that the engine is staying stock.

Thanks

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you ever get a chance to try those injectors? I'm in the hunt for new injectors myself and feel like if I'm going to spend $400 for injectors I might as well get the best I can. Unfortunately, there's a LOT of different injector info online for these 20 year old engines and not a lot of concrete agreement with what the "best" is. Would you need a tune for those higher flow injectors?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would absolutely need a tune to run those injectors on that engine. Replacing the OEM 454 injectors with literally anything other than stock is a worthwhile improvement in every possible way.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind about getting back in there I didn't plan ahead and do the cap and rotor while I had the plenum off so I know I'll need to get back in there at some point. I only have 6 of them but getting another pair isn't too hard.