Kre8speed's slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kre8speed

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys I just wanted to share my new project. The truck is a 97 chevy ex cab shortbed with a vortec 305. It has 160,000 miles and runs very strong. I haven't done much to it yet but there will be more to come.

Since I have no idea how to make the pics bigger please click on them to see the original size.

Pics from the day I picked it up,

You must be registered for see images

The only thing I have done to it so far is remove the trim on the fenders,

I do have lots of plans for the truck here is a small list of some of the things I will be doing soon,

4/6 drop
new bilstien shocks
tyc head and parking lights
clear corners
new stock tail lights ( I hate the euro trash that is on there)
new grill with billit insert
smoothe front and rear bumpers
long tube headers and full exhaust
new rims ( haven't picked a set yet)
hard top bed cover ( have it just need to get it from my uncle)
2" cowl induction hood.
sterio system ( I hate not having a system)

I could go on forever but you get the idea.

I am going to take off all the black trim and tail gate deal that say chevrolet this weekend and I will post pics.

Thanks for looking if you have any ideas please feel free to throw them my way.

Kris

Last edited:

Kre8speed

Reaction score
So I got a gmc grill and the stock tail lights. I have to paint the grill and then buy a billit grill before I put it on the truck. I installed my system and still have work to get it just where I want it. I wish I had more but just got a house so I have been working on that. please list any ideas you have this is my first obs, so any ideas would be awesome.

Thanks
kris

Kre8speed

Reaction score
Still need to make a amp rack for the back wall of the cab and finish putting the hush mat in. This year I am doing a 4/6 drop and getting my rims and tires on the truck. I am looking at some torque thrust 17x8's for the front and 17x9.5 for the rear undecided about the tire size and brand. I am also thinking I should just buy a set of 454 ss rims and go with so 275/60/15 bfg's.

kris